276°
Posted 20 hours ago

First Days Maternity Maxi Peri Bottle, Portable Peri Bottle for Maximum Postpartum Soothing, Perfectly Angled Head, Versatile, Durable, BPA-Free, 650 ml Capacity, Dark Blue

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No matter how you gave birth, whether you choose to use a peri bottle or not is completely up to you. Anything that might make you feel a little more comfortable in those first few exhausting days of parenthood is a winner in our books. What do I put in a peri bottle? The word 'peri' is short for perineum, the area between your vagina and anus. This part of your body will be most affected during childbirth and will likely be very sore and swollen for a couple of weeks, even if you don't have stitches. Perineal irrigation bottles are really straightforward to use and all you need is the bottle itself and some warm water. There is no set duration for using a peri bottle, but the majority of women find they only need to use one for about a week. As long as you believe it is assisting you during the postpartum period, keep using your peri bottle. I remember having my first child and wondering, “What is that for? ” I am a doctor with three kids of my own.'”“Not one nurse showed me how to use it because they assumed I knew what it was,” claims Dr. Dothager.” Consult your postpartum nurse if you have any questions.

This is where the peri bottle comes in. If you're wondering what is a peri bottle and how to use it, we have you covered. And be warned, it might just become your best friend after welcoming your baby. What is a peri bottle? A stool softener is also helpful at this time as it makes bowel movements easier and puts less stress on the perineum with straining. This is especially helpful if you have haemorrhoids. You may also find sitting on a pillow more comfortable as well. As you start to push, your baby will move into your vagina and begin to “crown” — exiting your body head first (hopefully!) into the world. Although babies are small, your perineal area will still need to stretch significantly to allow your baby’s body to pass through. This is what the perineum is made to do. Aloe vera and Epsom salts are also often used alongside peri bottles but we recommend chatting to your doctor before adding anything other than water to your peri bottle, just to be safe. Can you use a peri bottle if you've had a C-section?Passing gas or doing a number two can be difficult and straining will likely aggravate your incision and sore abdomen, so a peri bottle can come in handy here. Even if your perineum doesn’t tear during childbirth, it will still be sore and swollen for a few days after delivery. If you did have some tearing or lacerations, it could be painful for several weeks.

You'll be ready to start using your peri bottle following your first shower after giving birth. There aren't any rules about how long you can use a peri bottle — it all depends on your healing process and how long you find it to be helpful. Many mothers will be given a bottle in the hospital, but they might not be told how to use it. “The hospital gave me one after the birth of each of my children, and I didn’t know what it was at first, says Bell. Even among the doctors, we spoke to, this was a common response.The vagina and perineal area are likely to be quite sore and you may have some tears and stitches in the region following childbirth. This is an incredibly common experience and there are ways to make this easier for yourself. Using the bottle itself is very simple. All you need to do is fill it with warm water and point the tip towards your private parts while you are on the toilet. Squeeze the bottle to direct the flow of liquid over the right area. Childbirth is usually divided into three different stages: the labor stage (divided into latent, active labor, and transition), the delivery of the infant, and the passage of the placenta. During the second phase, while the baby crowns, your perineum may tear. Instead of using paper to wipe, squirt warm water from the peri bottle to clean the vulva and perineum and then gently pat dry with toilet paper. Avoid wiping where possible. It is very easy to use the bottle itself. Simply fill it with warm water, and while seated on the toilet, direct the tip of the container toward your privates. To ensure that the liquid is flowing over the proper area, squeeze the bottle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment