276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shouting in the Evenings: 50 Years on the Stage

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This grand auditorium has seldom felt quite so intimate. If directors sometimes struggle to make the best use of the RSC’s main stage — think of that recent, maddeningly garbled version of Julius Caesar — Omar Elerian’s first production for the company fills the space with the most elemental instrument of all: the human voice. Not that these are ordinary voices. This venture, you see, is dominated by actors of a certain vintage. Our Rosalind is the septuagenarian Geraldine James (who is also, remarkably enough, making her RSC debut). Orlando is played by another veteran, Malcolm Sinclair, dressed down in white T-shirt and denim. Wherever you look, in fact, you see a face from the older end of the profession, with just a handful of younger actors in supporting roles. I've done performing all my life and I always get that adrenaline thrill from doing a show, but with this one, I can't compare it to anything else," he said.

This show is about being sexy and teasing...it's not always about being in shape. It's about how you move." With a career in performing, it would be easy to assume that James had sky-high confidence before becoming a Dreamboy.Vetrano, Matt (May 17, 2018). "Super Recaps: Tom Goes to the Mayor (Bass Fest)". Reviewers Unite . Retrieved September 28, 2018. Alongside all of this, four younger actors take on many of the smaller roles and support the older cast as they attempt to recall their memories of the past. Seeing the production through the eyes of these older actors brings new light to many of its themes and speeches. Much of the play focuses on sudden love and we are being asked why can’t a spark be ignited in the heart of a 70-year old just as readily as in that of a 20-something? And we see how the themes of family rivalry can become so much more bitter the longer they last. In 2012, Flood began dating Italian actress Gabriella Pession, and the two became engaged in 2014. Shortly after, they announced that they were expecting their first child, Giulio Flood, born that same year. [7] [8] [9] On September 3, 2016, Flood married Pession in Italy.

When this job came about and I went along to the audition and got it, it gave me so much confidence. Jesse Green (April 24, 2023). " 'Good Night, Oscar' Review: Sean Hayes With Demerol and Cadenzas". The New York Times. Archived from the original on April 25, 2023 . Retrieved May 1, 2023. He also appeared as Mr. Hank Humberfloob and provided the voice of "The Fish" in The Cat in the Hat. In a 2008 interview in The New York Times, Hayes talked about a television project, BiCoastal, about "a guy with a wife and kids in California and a boyfriend in New York" for Showtime. [1] [13] He made his Broadway debut in the April 2010 Broadway revival of the musical Promises, Promises. He received a nomination for the Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance, and was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical. Mazziotta, Julie (May 3, 2021). "Sean Hayes and Dr. Priyanka Wali Explore Celebrities' Health Issues on New Podcast Hypochondriactor". People . Retrieved June 29, 2021. James, who is the only Geordie in the group, said the northern audience in Billingham was the wildest yet as he looked forward to his homecoming show in Newcastle this May.

You might also like

When it comes to telling people what he does for work, James admits that people can assume he's arrogant. Guest Host Sean Hayes on Vaccine Hesitancy, Making Out with Julie Bowen & A Big Honeymoon Surprise , retrieved June 21, 2022 During the First World War he was commissioned in the Manchester Regiment, 31 December 1915 [1] and awarded the Military Cross in November 1917. [2] [3] In 1918 he was captured and was held as a prisoner of war at Mainz Citadel with, among others, John Ferrar Holms, Hugh Kingsmill and Alec Waugh. [4] The Company". Hazy Mills Productions. Archived from the original on August 3, 2013 . Retrieved August 18, 2013.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment