276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seven Bridges: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 8)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Shrine– After a long and eventful winter, DCI Ryan and his team are looking forward to the joys of spring. But, when one of their colleagues is shot dead on her own doorstep and the brass think it’s an inside job, Ryan finds himself drafted in to investigate. The second book in the series follows Kate Irving, who arrives in Frenchman’s Creek with a small suitcase and her young son. She is escaping her past and wary of accepting new friendships, but soon finds herself embracing their kindness. Until tragedy strikes and her new friends are looking to her for answers. LJ Ross is an internationally bestselling author, whose books have sold over 7 million copies worldwide. Heavenfield– When a man is found dead at the remote church of Heavenfield, DCI Ryan is the only other person for miles around. The police have no weapon, no motive and no other suspects. Already suspended from Northumbria CID, Ryan must fight to clear his name. But soon, more than his career is at stake when prominent members of the mysterious ‘Circle’ begin to die. Somebody wants Ryan’s name to be next on the coroner’s list and to survive he must unmask the devil who walks among them – before it is too late. As to the third theme, for readers of the series my words are "don't get excited". The Author weaves a few (yes only a few) of instances to keep the reader informed that yes, please don't forget, there is some unfinished business in the world of DCI Ryan. However again this is only my opinion but it is done in such a manner to solely encourage those who want to see closure of this matter to buy the next book. Very disappointing (again only my opinion). A snippet at the start, another snippet towards the end, and then the final "We need to go to Italy!" as the close of the book.

Louise was born in Northumberland, England. She studied undergraduate and postgraduate Law at King’s College, University of London and then abroad in Paris and Florence. She spent much of her working life in London, where she was a lawyer for a number of years until taking the decision to change career and pursue her dream to write. Now, she writes full time and lives with her husband and son in Northumberland and Edinburgh. She enjoys reading all manner of books, painting, travelling and spending time with family and friends.

How to read the DCI Ryan Books in Order?

The Infirmary– The Prequel to Holy Island. In the stifling summer heat of 2014, a killer has been stalking the streets of Newcastle causing city-wide panic. When the officer in charge of the case turns up dead, it falls upon Detective Chief Inspector Ryan to take up the baton and find the person responsible.​ There really is a mixture of everything going off in this book. It is also one very much about different relationships which in part makes for some emotional reading.

There were thrilling action sequences that were offset by some quieter, more poignant moments and I found myself on an emotional rollercoaster as I raced through the narrative, never quite knowing which way it was going to go next. Which leads me to that ending and the perfect set up for book 9! To find out more about the many philanthropic ventures Louise has founded and sponsored through her publishing imprint, Dark Skies Publishing, please visit ‘Philanthropy’. Cuthbert’s Way– After the dramatic theft of a priceless artefact from Durham Cathedral, the rest of the world believes that DCI Ryan and his team were able to recover and return St. Cuthbert’s cross to its rightful home. But Ryan knows the cross he recovered was a fake-far from being over, their problems are only just beginning…

What is the DCI Ryan series about?

Marsh, Michael. "Ponteland lawyer-turned-author on swapping life in the City to pen Holy Island-inspired crime novel". nechronicle . Retrieved 2 February 2016. The series begins with him being the only member of an elite criminal profiling unit to escape from a storm of scandal and mismanagement. He is adamant he will begin a quiet life, but a murderer loose in the beautiful hills of County Mayo, Ireland draws him into the murder investigation to aid the Garda.

Head across the Millennium Bridge to the Baltic Art Gallery. Take the lift up to the viewing gallery and take in the view of the market and spot the famous sights of Newcastle.

Ross has also written one DCI Ryan short story for the Durham Book Festival “Big Read” and it is currently exclusively available through that endeavor. However, Ross has said that following the festival she will make the short story more widely available to all readers. It is “The Mystery of the Vanishing Mayor.”

Finally, LJ Ross has also published an anthology of short stories from various authors with the intent to inspire hope and happiness. All proceeds from the sale of this book are donated to Shelter. This is a charity that helps people struggling with homelessness and poor housing throughout Great Britain. I am a massive fan of DCI Ryan and have been patiently waiting for this eighth book, after the last one left us wanting more. Has always LJ Ross doesn't disappoint with this belter of a story and brings us another exciting mystery. The Moor– When a ten-year-old girl turns up on DCI Ryan’s doorstep to tell him she’s witnessed a murder, he has no idea he’s about to step into his most spellbinding case yet. The circus has rolled into Newcastle upon Tyne, bringing with it a troupe of daring acrobats, magicians, jugglers-and one of them is a killer. Ryan and his team must break through their closed ranks to uncover a secret that has lain buried for eight years, before the killer strikes again – this time, to silence the only living witness… Ross publishes all of her works independently through Dark Skies Publishing, a publishing imprint set up and managed by Ross and her husband. [7] Personal life [ edit ]Midgley, Dominic. "50 Shades of self-publishers: Fame and fortune through publishing yourself online". Express.co.uk . Retrieved 2 February 2016. Seven Bridges is yet another masterpiece penned by this brilliant author, I really enjoyed it and I highly recommend it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment