276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SAS: Who Dares Wins: Leadership Secrets from the Special Forces

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve worked in a similar role training Special Forces for the last 11 years, so I’m used to working out every day. In preparation for the show, I upped my training and used the natural landscape to my advantage. Life and leadership lessons from the Special Forces, from the stars of Channel 4 series SAS: Who Dares Wins - including Sunday Times bestselling author of FIRST MAN: LEADING FROM THE FRONT, Ant Middleton Are you up to the challenge of SAS leadership? Only the best will succeed... Britain's SAS (Special Air Service) has an unparalleled reputation for soldiering excellence. Their skills and techniques have been perfected in the most demanding environments imaginable, but many of these can also be used in our everyday lives. Melvyn signed up for the Army Cadets when he was 11, even though he was too young to be allowed to wear the uniform. In 2017, Fox co-authored the book SAS: Who Dares Wins: Leadership Secrets from the Special Forces, [6] with his fellow TV presenters and Special Forces soldiers Anthony Middleton, Matthew "Ollie" Ollerton and Colin Maclachlan. The book triggered an investigation by the British Ministry of Defence for alleged admissions of war crimes by the authors. [7]

Goods that by reason of their nature, cannot be returned - (Items such as underwear, where the 'hygiene patch' has been removed, or cosmetics where the seal has been broken). Is Jacob part of a plan that threatens world peace? As the body count rises, only Sam can stop these events from reaching their terrifying conclusion. The newest member of the Directing Staff, or 'DS' as they’re called on the brutal show, remains incredibly proud of his roots and describes himself as 'a normal bloke from Stoke'. At the age of 16 his life changed forever when he left school with no qualifications to join the Army.

SAS: Who Dares Wins' new star Melvyn Downes has revealed how he went from growing up on a Stoke-on-Trent council estate to watching his friends die in the battlefield. Early favourites may perform well physically but the mental interrogation completely breaks them, or others who are excellent are forced to VW due to injuries. I'm way too old now, and certainly not brave or daft enough to have ever wanted to join up, but I always enjoy the physical challenge of training - just for sport in my case. So to read what these guys do is mind blowing. I would have loved to have been able to give that aspect of being an SAS operative a try. It’s a scary moment. I was so proud of my blokes, who got out of the vehicle on both sides and returned fire from wherever it was coming from to control it.”

A couple of the personal stories that the civilians shared with us really hit home for me too, especially as I had similar experiences. This was the fourth of the former 'SAS - Who Dares Wins' DS autobiographies I have read, and as with those by Jason Fox, Ollie Ollerton and Ant Middleton, this one didn't disappoint. This book takes situations all of us will experience during our lives and presents tactical lessons drawn from SAS training and battlefield experience. Its four authors - stars of the hit Channel 4 show SAS: Who Dares Wins - how their finely honed understanding of how to handle extreme challenges can be applied in any environment. Their advice on negotiation, people management, self-motivation and resilience, among other things, can transform your performance in a whole range of scenarios: from buying a house, nailing a job interview, and the experience of dealing with rejection, to maintaining a diet, or managing that pushy colleague at work.Middleton, Anthony; Fox, Jason; Ollerton, Matthew; Maclachlan, Colin (15 February 2016). Leadership Secrets from the Special Forces: SAS: Who Dares Wins. Headline. ISBN 9781472240729– via Google Books. Fox is one of the original presenters and directing staff on SAS: Who Dares Wins, a reality television programme where contestants experience a gruelling training course loosely based on a condensed version of the special forces selection process. Fox stars alongside former special forces soldiers Ant Middleton, Matthew 'Ollie' Ollerton, Mark 'Billy' Billingham, and Jay Morton. The programme first broadcast in 2015 is produced by Channel 4, and aired its fifth season in February 2020. In 2019, the first season of Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins aired which also stars Fox. In winter 2023, the concept was adapted for the United States television market as Special Forces: World's Toughest Test. While I can understand that the operations with the special forces are classified, if that's the case then you shouldn't write a book about your time in the special forces. Could you tell from the beginning which recruits would finish the selection course and who wouldn’t last the distance?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment