276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Love Letter to Whiskey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When the writer is done with you, she stitches all the cuts in your heart one by one, but leave the chest open and goes… Jamie was Whiskey. Ethan was Rum. But I didn't get drunk off Rum the same way as I did off with Whiskey. A Love Letter to Whiskey' was raw, poignant and wonderfully written. Filled with so much angst that I had my stomach in knots the entire time, this powerful story of love, loss and sacrifice was from the beginning so unputdownable. Every single aspect of this story was consuming and every single aspect was exhausting. Not only because the angst was crazy as hell and it almost killed me, but also because the two main characters were SO. DAMN. FRUSTRATING.

When B moved to California for college she did not expect to bump into Jamie. This is where their relationship really develops and the lines of friendship become blurred. B is in a relationship with Jamie’s roommate Ethan, even though she didn’t know who Ethan’s roommate is. This is where they first succumb to their feelings for each other, that is, until some unex By the first chapter of this book, I was fully invested in the story and in the main character, B. B meets Jamie her junior year of high school. It doesn’t start out as love, but friendship. Jamie and B become the best of friends, but so much more is between them. This story spans a decade. A decade of love, loss, friendship, heartache and emotion. Goddamnit, woman. I've always chosen you. There has never been another choice for me. You. You, and only you Book Genre: Academic, Adult, College, Contemporary, Contemporary Romance, Drama, High School, New Adult, Romance, Young Adult Emotionally consuming. Intoxicating. Raw. Flawed. And breathtakingly poignant. These are the words that immediately comes to mind as I sit here in write my review for A Love Letter to Whiskey. Kandi Steiner honestly blew me away with this book. In the three hours that I was held hostage, I felt like I was on an emotional roller-coaster going through the motions and the unexpected twist and turns. In all honesty, I needed a drink after reading this book because my heart and emotions were scattered and beating wildly as I drank in every mistake, love, hurt, and loss the hero and heroine experienced.I let myself be broken for nearly another month before I started on my own twelve-step program.I I was clean. But if a friend recommended this book to me, she/he would be forever in my "sh*t list", so I definitely am not recommending it to you... A: YES! And, it also includes a brand new novella (which is really almost a full book because it's a whopping 50,000 words!) written from Jamie's POV. You can relive some of the biggest plot points from his perspective AND find out what happened after the epilogue in B's version. A Love Letter to Whiskey is an utterly raw gripping addictive read. This book was built on a symphony of raw emotions. Emotions that left you frazzled, confused, hurt, angry, sad, and wildly intoxicated. Steiner did not write an ordinary love story but instead a story that left you savoring every drop of her poetic and stunning prose. To the very last drop, you will want a taste of whiskey. You will want to know and experience a selfish kind of love. An addictive kind of love. And most importantly a love that is honest. Real. Raw. A love that leaves you vulnerable and breathless. And so if you are ready to take a sip and get your first taste of a literary masterpiece then I urge you to get drunk on this book. Take a sip, savor the taste, and enjoy the lasting aftertaste of whiskey or in this case Kandi Steiner's words.

For those of you who follow me, you know that I am a reader who is addicted to "feelssssss!" I mention them ALL the time. They are important to me. When I look for books to recommend to you, I am desperate to find the ones that pull major emotional responses.And I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that A Love Letter to Whiskey IS THAT BOOK. I will remember it, call on it, and recommend it for years and years to come.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment