276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dell WD15 Monitor Dock 4K with 180W Adapter, USB-C, (450-AEUO, 7FJ4J, 4W2HW)

£62.495£124.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Most odd, though, is the decision to attach the DisplayPort over USB-C cable to the dock, which won't let users replace it if something happens to it. Connecting the computer to the docking station allows you to access all devices (mouse, keyboard, stereo speakers, external hard drive, and large-screen displays) without having to plug each device to the computer.

The U2415 has both DP and MiniDP inputs, either of which can be used here, but you cannot use the HDMI input when setting up a daisy chain, so a MiniDP to HDMI cable would NOT work. If your monitor is connected to a docking station, then the video output on your computer may be disabled. The WD15 was sold with both 130W and 180W power supplies, but if you originally bought it for a 12" Latitude, chances are you have the 130W version. That isn't something consumers should have to think about with their dock; it should be plug and play. Driver Installation Guide for Dell Docking Station WD15 Find information about how to download and install device drivers for the Dell Docking Station WD15 on a PC.Easily connect to displays, a mouse, keyboard and audio devices through the Dell Dock-180W from your compatible system of choice. Find information about how to download and install device drivers for the Dell Docking Station WD15 on a PC. After the software update process completes, connect the AC adapter to the WD15 dock first, and then attach the USB-C cable to the PC and update the Dell Dock firmware before using the docking station. See the User Manual of your computer or contact your computer manufacturer for assistance on enabling this feature. We usually try our docks on dual 4K monitors, which downscale to a resolution supported by the dock.

If that fails, try to replug in the audio cable to the docking station from the external speaker output. It features a convenient way to expand the capabilities of your portable PC and customize your desktop computing environment. Your options at that point would be to either keep the XPS 15's own power source connected alongside the dock (which is perfectly fine and will NOT damage anything) or get a standard Dell 180W power supply for your WD15.We've even kitted together sets of dual screen monitors that include all the cables you need to get started. I also plugged my phone charger into the dock and was able to charge my phone just fine using the dock as a power source.

But if these two displays will always be connected to the dock, then the only practical difference here is that you'll have one less cable running out of the back of your dock, which isn't going to be a relevant factor in most cases. After the software update process completes, connect the AC adapter to the WD15 dock first and then attach the USB-C cable to the computer and update the Dell Dock firmware before using the docking station. The Dell Dock provides a common docking experience for both Dell and non-Dell platforms via Display Port over USB Type-C, ensuring a reliable connection and crisp display. The Dell WD15 Docking Station is a strong performer, once you get the right combination of monitors to get it up and running. Ensure that the video cable that is attached to the panel is tightly secured to the video port in the docking station.Ensure that the USB-C port on your computer supports DisplayPort over USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 protocols. This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees. WOL is available only on selected laptops and a level from which the laptop can be awakened may wary – depending on the model of laptop. A button on the top corner turns your laptop on and off, but it seems unnecessary because you can already do that from the laptop itself.

You may find that your mouse and keyboard does not work on Dell BIOS splash screens when trying to access BIOS with F2, or the One time boot menu with F12, or enter any input in preboot environments like BIOS, boot menu, or BIOS or HDD password splash screens. as long as my monitors are not too high of a display or I keep them down to the limits you state then I should be fine?The convenience of a daisy chain is that you can run multiple displays with only one cable connected to the source, i. The Dell Docking Station WD15 only works with DisplayPort over USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 protocols and is not compatible with all USB-C ports. In the Intel Graphics Control Panel, under General Settings, ensure that the resolution is set to 1920 x 1200 or 1920 x 1080 at 59 Hz or 60 Hz for both the monitors. PayPal Credit and PayPal Pay in 3 are trading names of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment