276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stasher Multipack (Aqua) | Pack of 4 Reusable Freezer Bags in 3x Different Sizes | Silicone Zip Loc Bag For Travel and Food Storage

£6.065£12.13Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It took forever to make eggs sous vide. I could make an omelette for 6, cook it, serve it and do the cleanup in less time than to make 2 eggs in the stasher. The cleaning suggestions are more like a primitive ritual—vinegar, water, boil, set out in sunlight naturally sanitize/bleach; place upside down on a bottle or a stand up paper towel holder. Come ON! Glass or Tupperware are better choices. Almost too expensive to buy for just freezing some meat. Not for me… Staining: To see if the bags would become stained from food, I stored greasy, tomatoey Bolognese sauce in them for 24 hours. I then microwaved the sauce right in the bags before emptying them and cleaning them in the dishwasher.

Stasher | Little Bag, Big Change | Official Stasher Site About Stasher | Little Bag, Big Change | Official Stasher Site

It’s a massive saving for an item that can be reused again and again and do so much! Are Stasher bags toxic? If you’re trying to live a more sustainable life, finding truly useful eco-friendly swaps can be harder than you think. That’s why when we discover genuinely great and useful eco-friendly products like Swedish dishcloths, we become obsessed. Well, there’s good news, because we’ve found another sustainable swap that we just can’t shut up about: Stasher bags. Admittedly, this is a bit of an odd thing to sous vide—but let me explain why this was the choice for the experiment! First and foremost, I didn’t want to waste food on what I saw as a likely doomed experiment from the beginning.Even when I used the bag with marbles (which are quite dense and heavy), the remaining air in the bag combined with the buoyancy of the bag itself was enough to make it insist on trying to float. Although not a warranty, you can send your used Stasher bags for recycling through their repurpose program with TerraCycle. This ensures you can give new life to the bags once they have reached the end of their life cycle. Notable Features It’s worked for us so far, although I’m aware that the options we’ve used (although great for our budget) are not great for the environment. What are Stasher bags? Even after one hand wash, two runs through the dishwasher, and a 99-hour cook time with just marbles and paper towels inside, the aroma persisted.

Stasher Australia Stasher Australia

Stasher regularly tests their material sourcing and comply with EU and FDA food-grade standards. When it comes to durability and safety, the platinum silicone material they use is high-quality. You can heat the bags in the oven, microwave, or boiling water without any toxic chemicals leaking into the bag’s contents. Even their material colors are made from food-safe colorants. The planet is a stakeholder in everything we do. That's why we're a member of 1% For the Planet and are an official Surfrider Foundation partner. I can reheat food directly in the microwave (leaving the corner open slightly so steam can escape). Quite literally the best system for making the most of your holiday. We arrived in Sydney for a short break and wanted to get the most out of our time here. Stashing our 4 large cases on the first day meant we were free to explore unhindered.Platinum Pure Large Reusable Sous Vide Bags. These bags are prone to some of the same concerns as Stasher bags, particularly the tendency to hold onto smells. But their design means that they’re easier to clean and less likely to leak, since the opening never goes underwater. When I pulled the bag out of the hot water bath four days later, the first thing I noticed was that the paper towels inside were wet. This was immediately obvious, even through the grey bag. This review will focus on using Stasher bags for sous vide specifically. Some of these experiences may apply to other uses as well, but my focus is definitely on how they function for sous vide cooking. As a result, I haven’t tested these bags for freezer storage, microwave reheating, etc. The seals are relatively easy to open and shut, and you can eat straight from the bags, but they’re not leakproof. “Keep upright” is imprinted on the front of the bags, but with the seal completely shut and the bag half full, water dribbled out from the seal when I flipped it upside down or placed it on its side. They split open when dropped from 3 feet at any angle.

Stasher Reusable Food Bags | Lakeland

Every bag has a platform bottom, so they’re easy to fill, wash, and dry. Since these bags stay open when unsealed, they can be placed anywhere in the dishwasher, even in areas that don’t have tines. The downside is the bags washed in the dishwasher came out with many water spots, making the frosted silicone even more difficult to see through.Another side effect of not being able to get all the air out of these bags is that your food can cook unevenly. It’s important to remove almost all air in sous vide cooking, both for quality and even for food safety reasons. All Stasher bags feature an airtight, waterproof seal that uses a push press system. This feature is Stasher’s patented Pinch-Loc seal. They are easy to open and close compared to Ziploc bags and reduce any leakage or spillage. Odorless While the cleaning process is easier than I expected, it’s still more challenging than I’d like. The corners, in particular, are tight and deep. Most food came out when I blasted it with tap water from my sink at its highest setting (which is enough to wildly spray water everywhere, and I ended up soaked in the process. Yes, my sink has issues.). A simple rinse, however, didn’t adequately clean out the corners. If you don’t have an insanely strong sink that wildly blasts water out instead of pouring nicely, you may struggle more. 2. Does the silicone bag hold onto the strong odors of fragrant food?

Stasher Bag Review: Are They Worth It? - The Produce Nerd Stasher Bag Review: Are They Worth It? - The Produce Nerd

This is obviously a problem; you don’t want the water from your sous vide bath leaking into the bag. Initially, Stasher bags do come across as a more expensive outlay upfront than cling film or a box of plastic food bags, but you get a lot more for your money. The bags are great as reusable freezer bags, can be used in the microwave, sous vide and oven. Plus, once done, you can bung them in the dishwasher to get them clean and use again. Overall, customers are satisfied after purchasing a Stasher reusable silicone bag. They like the eco-friendly aspect of the bags and report they are easy to clean, compact, and easy to reuse. The bags also stay sealed and are durable. That’s why, even if you have weights, we don’t recommend using Stasher bags for sous vide recipes without a lot of liquid. Having a sauce or marinade in the bag will let you remove more air, because the liquid can fill in those gaps. Anything relatively stiff and dry, though (think of a steak without a sauce) will have air gaps around it, which is problematic.

You are using a food grade product that can be reused multiple times, so it is safe for you and your family to eat off of and will last a long time

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment