276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Our Georgia: The devastating murder of my daughter by a killer who should have been stopped

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A tragic story, unfortunately not enough was done to not only safeguard Georgia but other vulnerable people. Something that happens far more often than it should. The family recieved appalling support. This is a memoir by a mum about her daughter's murder. Georgia hadn't quite been 18; she should have had all her life ahead of her. We were told we’d be involved in police training – we did one session and never heard from or saw a soul since.” I'm not going to describe how Georgia died, where they found her body, or what happens to Jamie after he's arrested. I'll let you find all of that out when you read the book. However, I will mention the important things here: Georgia didn't deserve to die the way that she did, and her parents do a solid job of memorializing her in the book. To lie, deceive and place the blame on everyone but themselves. This naturally just made them look even worse. This was a case that took over the British headlines at the time due to its detail and severity and the fact that even when your father is a high-ranking member of the police force, and you are murdered, his employers are not immune or averse to lying to you, either.

Georgia Williams Profiles | Facebook Georgia Williams Profiles | Facebook

Some memoirs about dead or missing loved ones tend to gloss over the details and make their child, friend, neighbor, or other family member sound like a saint. Not this book. While Georgia is described as a loving and trusting person, she's also made to seem like a real human being (which she was), flaws and all, making what happened to her hurt even more. The couple now split their time between a new home in Market Drayton and Spain. “Telford’s full of painful memories,” she says.

The 67-year-old added: “They say time heals, but it doesn’t. You just get used to living with the pain.

Jamie Reynolds: Sex fantasy led to Georgia Williams murder - BBC Jamie Reynolds: Sex fantasy led to Georgia Williams murder - BBC

At the time of Georgia’s disappearance, Steve was – ironically – a highly-commended murder squad detective serving with West Mercia Police. Like any prospective grandparents, Lynnette and Steve Williams can’t wait for the new ­arrival that will bless their lives. In a few weeks their daughter ­Scarlett is due a baby boy.Settling a compensation claim out of court in 2016 – a week before the third anniversary of Georgia’s murder – West Mercia Police admitted it breached its obligation to “protect life” under the Human Rights Act. Lynnette, 62, tells of the family's sense of betrayal at the failures that left snuff movie-obsessed ­Reynolds free to kill. I appreciated the authors insights into what she was feeling, how her family was handling things, etc.

Our Georgia: The devastating murder of my daughter by a…

It also details their fight for answers from West Mercia Police, the force Georgia's dad Steve served in as a murder squad detective. All the agencies are at fault and should have seen the red flags that this young psychopath was able to lie, deceive and get away with at such a young age. I was disgusted at how the police treated Steve and Lynn, especially considering Steve was a serving member of the force. This was such a powerful and heart wrenching story. Written from the victims mothers point of view, it’s a nice change to hear more about Georgia and what she was like instead of being glossed over as can happen when books on true crime are written and get more focused on the murderer. Steve Georgia’s dad was a highly commended murder squad detective serving with West Mercia Police and after Georgias death it became obvious things did not add up as the case unraveled. Both Steve and Lynn began to question the events that led up to their daughter’s death. Very early on they found out that Jamie was obsessed with Snuff movies especially if hanging was involved. Sadly, this was how he had killed Georgia. Lynn and Steve found out that Renolds had been in the system years before he murdered Georgia when he loured a girl in his class to his house and tried to strangle her but she got away.

Sadistic Reynolds strangled the A-level student, took photos as he abused her body and then dumped her naked corpse in woodland. Looks at aspects of life during the time of Plautus and Terence to examine the housing marriage children slaves finances religion and general life Social and Private Life at Rome in the Time of Plautus and Terence by Georgia Williams Leffingwell – eBook Details If the police had done their jobs in the days, weeks, months, and years leading up to the night Georgia was murdered, it is an almost certitude that she would be alive today. Thank you to Robin Eveleigh; Lynnette Williams, Mardle Books and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review. Furthermore, Williams' writing style is both engaging and heart-wrenching. She doesn't sugar-coat her experiences or emotions and instead presents a raw and authentic account of the tragedy. Readers will feel as though they are right there with her through each step of her journey and will have a newfound appreciation for her bravery and strength. This is made even more profound given that her husband was a serving police officer at the time of Georgia’s murder.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment