276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aberlour 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky (Double Cask Matured), 50 cl with Gift Box (Packaging may vary)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 1975 Pernod Ricard acquired Campbell Distilleries, and they joined with Chivas Brothers in 2001 and eventually opened a visitors centre. Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 20th Anniversary Edition Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 2019 The honey of the nose becomes a little bit more vanilla in flavour and gives great depth to the oak wood that starts to appear.

Aberlour-Glenlivet 19 yo 1995/2014 (52.6%, Cadenhead, Wine Cask, Sauternes finish, 264 bottles) - 230617 Very mouthcoating and almost creamy (but not quite), sweet and heavily spiced. Sweet malt, dark fruits (dried plums and apricots, preserved sultanas), licquorice and some mint. Leather. Again, the cake. Quite some punch for only 43%. The Service has been prepared by us solely for information purposes to Members and the Service is based on information we consider reliable and we obtain the contents of the Service from a number of different third party sources (including Contributions), but we do not endorse, support, represent, warrant or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of the Services and any information therein.Finish: Simultaneous feeling of meaty orange and toffee cereal with cream. Medium length and never getting too bitter. Aberlour 8 yo 2012/2020 (58.5%, Whisky Is The Limit, 1st fill oloroso quarter cask, cask #800916, 225 bottles) - 180121

Victor - I noticed that you had some Laphroaig 18 in your cabinet. I was similarly dissatisfied with my Laph Triple wood compared to my original restaurant experience. I suspect the same facts may hold here and I will give it a try. It was bought by Robert Thorne & Sons who later sold it to W. H. Holt & Sons in 1921, a brewery near Manchester. It changed hands again in 1945 to S. Campbell & Sons Ltd.Aberlour 19 yo 1990/2010 (52.9%, Signatory, Cask Strength Collection, Hogshead, cask #101775, 222 bottles) - 040111 Whiskybase B.V. (“Whiskybase”, “we” or “us”, company details below) offers a whisky enthusiasts online platform that provides its members access to the most comprehensive, transparent and trusted resource of whisky bottles and allows and stimulates its members to contribute information about whisky bottles to the platform (“Service”).

Not many years ago, this Aberlour was one of the cheapest 18yo bottlings on the market. Look at it now; well over a ton AND only 50cl! I can only imagine a previously very good whisky has become an astronomically good one. The nose opens with citrus fruits and caramel. it is moist and soft, with lots of oranges and nectarines appearing. Aberlour 08-year-old Campbell's Distillery - cubic bottle, screw cap, "over 8 years old", Est. 1845 Sweet Barley, Heather-Honey, Nuts, Plums, Lemon, Cinnamon, Licorice, light Leather, Grass and Earth . Aberlour 21 yo 1995/2016 (51.5%, Douglas Laing, Old Particular, refill hogshead, cask ref #DL 11063, 278 bottles) - 180816Each and every Member must be of legal drinking age in its country of residence to be allowed to use the Service. If no such law exists in a Member’s country of residence, the Member has to be over 21 years old to use the Service. We have the right to ask you to provide proof of your age and/or to provide further identification to prevent underage usage and/or for any other legal or legitimate purpose. By using the Service, and by creating an account you represent, warrant and confirm that you are of legal age. Aberlour 13 yo (57.7%, OB for The Whisky Lodge, 1st fill sherry, cask #79212, 618 bottles) - 191218 Aberlour 12 yo 2008/2021 'Apollo 15 – LRV' (59.2%, The Whisky Barrel, 1st fill oloroso sherry hogshead, cask #TWB1016, 263 bottles) - 231121 This is a rich and refined dram, with a palette that brings together the dryness and spice of a good Sherry with the sweetness and warmth of Bourbon.

Rich and fruity on the palate with notes of apricot, chocolate coated rasins,liquorice root and freshly grated nutmeg. At least that's what the manager told me was wrong with the bottle. I don't blame Highland Park. Accidents happen. Still, I don't think it was cork rot. I think it was a quality control issue in the batch I ended up with. But, still, I don't fault Highland Park. I've been buying HP18 for years and the quality was great every time but lately. The nose of that bottle smelled like a cheap bourbon. That's what I thought and that's what the manager of the liquor store reported upon smelling it (without my mentioning it). From my experience, cork rot is more of a mossy, sharp smell that reminds me of mildew and tastes mildewy as well. Without prejudice to the section Liability below, the Service may be temporarily unavailable during maintenance, updates, etc. We shall make reasonable efforts to inform you of any unavailability due to maintenance or updates. This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services. Aberlour 16 yo 2005/2021 (56.7%, OB for La Maison du Whisky, sherry hogshead, cask #214040, 243 bottles) - 231121

Consider this similar product...

Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”). I highly recommend the 18y - it is very different and, frankly, I think perhaps more flavorful than the A'bunadh. The 18 Years matures in a mix of Refill Ex-Bourbon and Refill Ex Sherry casks. (Mainly Oloroso but with a few PX casks as well). Aberlour 25 yo 1989/2015 (48.7%, OB, Distillery Reserve Collection, hogshead, cask #14387, 264 bottles) - 121017

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment