276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Rattle Bag: An Anthology of Poetry: 1

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Arranging the poems alphabetically by first line results in some lovely serendipities - strange and refreshing pairings which might have been missed if they’d gone for a thematic or chronological structure.

Gorgeous quality leather (which explains the weight as spoken about in a previous review) I had a previous bag from another luxury supplier and unfortunately if you go for a leather bag, they are heavier - but also far more robust and last such a long time, so very much worth it. I was optimistic about this anthology of poetry - a selection compiled/chosen by a couple of poets I quite like... but I was disappointed. The best success rate of rattling happens to be in the morning hours, especially an hour later in the full daylight. Make sure to keep all the essential factors in mind and take down the animal with ease. What Is A Rattle Bag?

The method employed in arranging and presenting [the contents of this book] must surely be the one for all the best anthologies . . . The Rattle Bag sets a standard which other anthologies will find it difficult to equal.” — Alan Brownjohn, Times Literary Supplement (London) I'm very disappointed as I spent €160 on a bag that was described as luxury and timeless and am increasingly frustrated that the bag lasted only around 10 months of light use. It is simply a bag filled with items that imitate the sound of natural deer antlers. These are readily available in the market for hunters. Seamus Heaney was born in 1939 in County Derry in Northern Ireland. He grew up in the country, on a farm, in touch with a traditional rural way of life, which he wrote about in his first book Death of a Naturalist (1966). He attended the local school and in 1951 went as a boarder to St Columb's College, about 40 miles away in Derry (the poem 'Singing School' in North refers to this period of his life). In 1956 he went on a scholarship to Queen's University, Belfast and graduated with a first class degree in English Language and Literature in 1961. After a year as a post-graduate at a college of education, and a year teaching in a secondary modern school in Ballymurphy, he was appointed to the staff of St Joseph's College of Education. In 1966 Seamus Heaney took up a lecturing post in the English Department of Queen's University, and remained there until 1972, spending the academic year 1970-71 as a visiting Professor at the University of California in Berkeley.

Designed to meet the needs of a hunter even in the toughest situations, this one works as one of the best rattling antlers bags. This product leads as a top recommendation due to the presence of two power tines sets. Rattle bags are a lot easier to carry than rattle antlers. These take less than a quarter of your bag’s storage.However, one must learn how to use rattling bag properly to mimic fighting sounds. Initially the bag was great. Lots of compartments and great matching accessories. Unfortunately after only 2 months the zip is totally broken and the bag is difficult to close. Considering the bag is faux leather but still quite pricey I would have hoped things like the zip would be better quality. Im going to have to find somewhere to replace the zip if I want to keep using the bag. Such a shame as the design and storage is great. There’s also a heavy emphasis on nature - no surprise when Heaney and Hughes are involved - though far too much cloying William Blake and tepid Robert Frost for my taste (and unfair on the other poets who don’t get such preferential treatment). Edited by Seamus Heaney and Ted Hughes, and conceived of as a collection of their own favourite poems, The Rattle Bag has established itself as the classic anthology of our time. Heaney and Hughes have brought together an inspired and diverse selection, ranging from undisputed masterpieces to rare discoveries, as well as drawing upon works in translation and traditional poems from oral cultures. In effect, this anthology has transformed the way we define and appreciate poetry, and it will continue to do so for years to come.I have two Bow & Rattle bags - they are just gorgeous and I couldn’t decide between the two! So I have a grey Heather and a brown Joy. They are spacious and practical, but also look like stylish handbags instead of sensible nappy bags. I love them! Highly recommend!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment