276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cat Lady: The Sunday Times bestseller and the latest funny, brilliant and bold fiction novel for 2023 from the author of So Lucky

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I've never been one for poetry, but since blogging I've been asked to review a few books that are either poetry books or tell their stories in poetry form. This is a genre that is growing on me and I am becoming to love. Books Coffee and Cats Sweatshirt, Reading Sweatshirt, Gift for Readers, Funny Book Gift, Books Cat Mom, Librarian, Bookish Gifts Sweatshirts

What a book , I loved this book so much it had me if fits of laughter but at the same time it was such an emotional read. Dawn has written this so perfect some of the characters were so loveable others not so. It’s just a matter of rebranding. Repeat several times, “I’m not a Crazy Cat Lady. I’m a Cat Enthusiast.”Easily Distracted By Cats And Books Shirt, Gift for Bookworms, Librarian Shirt, Reading Tshirt, Book Shirt, Book Lover Gift, Book Club Shirt But it goes where many gift books have gone before. It doesn’t break new ground or offer anything unique. The illustrations are cute, but I’ve seen better. I do recommend Crazy Cat Lady as a gift book, but it isn’t one I’d buy for myself, and I am a cat fanatic. Awww this is a love story, a cat love story! This is a sweet fairy tale sort of book. I am a great lover of cats. Right now I have a beautiful Maine Coon kitty named Martina, she is quite spoiled. To any tourist in Rome, Old Maria may seem to be an eccentric soul who feeds stray cats and thinks she can talk with them. Things are rarely as they seem. In fact, she can. A dying cardinal has given Maria a final, urgent wish. His time is running short. On the surface, it seems impossible to grant. I don't read huge amounts of poetry these days but if I do I like it to really be memorable and special. Cat Lady most certainly was. For starters how could I not read a book with this title? But apart from that I was really glad that I did. This is a special little book of beautiful words.

But perhaps the moment the crazy cat lady motif truly jumped the shark was with the song Buttload of Cats on an episode of the television series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend earlier this year. Rebecca Bunch walks herself down to the Lonely Lady Cat Store. “The smell is overwhelming inside / This is the future smell of my house / It’s the smell of my dreams that have died,” she sings. “When you’re a permanent bachelorette / It’s mandatory that you go out and get / A buttload of cats / Oh, yeah!” Unlike the Plant book, many of the jokes fell flat for me. And while I'm aware that some people let their cats roam outside, I've always held the stance that it's irresponsible at best and cruel at worst. This book promotes outdoor living and I can't get behind that. Books cats shirt, Cat people, Bookish gift, Bookaholic shirt, Reading time, Book lovers shirt, Library lover, Bookish things, Cat book shirt Tortoiseshell Cat and Books Ornament, Tortoiseshell Cat Owner, Book and Cat Lover, Gift for Cat Owner, Cat Mom, Cat Dad, Love Cats

It is a mythic story, beginning with the cat lady and her cats, and segueing into the tale of Cardinal Mezzaluna, who summons the cat lady to a private audience. This leads to a mythic journey that reminds me of The Hero with a Thousand Faces. Fresh, funny and for anyone who’s ever felt astray, CAT LADY will help you belong – because a woman always lands on her feet.

Easily Distracted By Cats And Books Shirt, Book Lover Shirt, Gift For Librarian, Cat Lover Shirt, Book Nerd Shirt, Gift For Book Lover If you are a cat lover like me, put this on your list!! Thanks to @netgalley and @workmanpub for sending me Crazy Cat Lady! It is so cute and the illustrations are spot on for cats and all their craziness!! This will be released on April 2nd! 😂🐱 A modern day folktale comes to life in this narrative poem of 125 tightly metered rhyming couplets ending with a message.From glossy fashion magazines celebrating the feline-human relationship – Cat People, Puss Puss – to Taylor Swift and Katy Perry’s unashamed adoration of their feline pets, the stereotype is being recalibrated. CatCon Worldwide, a new conference celebrating cat culture, has, as its core value, the desire to “change the negative perception of the crazy cat lady and prove that it is possible to be hip, stylish, and have a cat”.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment