276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Izmi Cotton Baby Carrier | Award Winning Adjustable Soft Structured Sling with 4 Different Carrying Positions | UK Hip Healthy Design Suitable from Newborn | Midnight Blue

£87.5£175.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Now, it says on the box it’s suitable ‘until walking.’ It will be perfectly safe to use until 12months – or even longer for petite babies. But in the interests of giving an HONEST Izmi Baby Carrier review, I find that by around 5-6 months, both parents and babies tend to be comfier in a wider-based carriers (often with some padding) that better support your growing baby’s body. Here’s our suggestions for the best carriers to move on to at this stage. SUITS ALL BODY SHAPES I’ve used other baby carriers, both with more and less structure. I prefer the Izmi Baby Carrier to my loop sling because my baby feels so much more secure and I really do have two hands free. The Izmi retains the closeness to my baby that a loop/ring sling gives me, because there is no fabric between the baby and me when I am carrying her. I worry a little that the Izmi digs into my baby’s legs when she is front facing, but she seems comfortable. For comfort, ease of transport, quality of product and value for money I think the Izmi should win. This also helps to evenly distribute your baby’s weight, making them easier to carry and it makes it more comfortable for them. I feel that this product makes my life as a mum a bit easier as it means that I can get on with housework and cooking even when my baby is being fussy and doesn't want to be left alone. It is easier for me to go out without having to take the pushchair, especially as I live in a flat and find it difficult using the stairs. I also like that this carrier can be worn on the hip as this is sometimes a bit more comfortable for me.

As a rough rule of thumb: you count as one layer of clothing for your baby, and your Izmi counts as at least another. If you’re indoors, or going for a brisk walk and generating some heat, that’s like adding a third layer. The body panel width of Izmi Toddler Carriers extend from 32cm-49cm (13"-19") and they have been weight tested from 8kg-27kg (17.6-60lbs). We recommend Izmi Toddler Carriers from around 7 months to 4 years. Izmi Baby Carriers grow with your baby. You can extend the width of your carrier with hidden Velcro tabs, and increase the height of your carrier with poppers, to ensure an ergonomic and comfy fit at every age and stage. It does come with a removable cushion insert for babies under 8lbs (plus a handy storage bag); but to be honest it’s not needed and is rarely worth the faff. For babies under 9lbs, just make sure the waistband is placed VERY high on your body: right up under you breasts (mum) or around the bottom of your ribs (dads). That will ‘shrink’ the height of the carrier and ensure your baby is held high, safe, and close enough to kiss, with out the need to use the cushion.

SHOP BY COLLECTION

In cool/cold weather: keep your baby in indoor clothing, adding a hat and booties and/or rain cover if needed. Here are some tips for staying warm and dry when babywearing. The Izmi Carrier looks beautiful – the colour scheme was simple and chic and the brand is endorsed by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. It’s not as gentle on your hips as other carriers on the market though. What they say: You can extend the width of your Izmi Toddler Carrier using the hidden Velcro tabs to ensure an ergonomic and comfy fit as your child grows. I know all baby carriers are unisex but some just feel more feminine than others. Sam has used the wrap style carriers before but definitely prefers the structured carriers as they’re ‘more masculine’ (apparently!) There is no padding anywhere on the carrier. This may seem like a downside, but actually it is so well designed that padding really isn’t needed, as your baby’s weight is evenly distributed around your body.

Some of the baby carriers I’ve tried in the past have had a detachable head support. In theory it’s a great idea but in reality I actually just lost the head support in a matter of days.Using the Izmi baby carrier made it very helpful for me as a first time mum. It has a side carry feature which made it easier for me to get jobs done around the house on days when my baby was more clingy. I found it very useful to put on when popping into the supermarket, rather than having to get the pushchair out or having to sit her in a trolley. I found the drawstring bag useful to put little bits in such as a nappy, wipes and dummy whilst using the carrier to save me having to carry a heavy changing bag if I wasn't going far. I don't know if I would choose it over other products, but for the price it's very very good. The material age limit is good as it's from birth to one, so you don't really need to buy a bigger one as your baby grows. Also, the colours weren’t too over the top and patterned so it goes with a mums outfit - it's simple but lovely . In very cold weather: as above, with a coat or other warm layer around both of you. Avoid bulky snowsuits to prevent overheating. Keeping your baby close to your body, without bulky fabric between you, will make you more aware of how warm or cool they are. When you head indoors you can easily undo your coat to help prevent them - and you - from overheating.

A sling should always mimic how you carry your baby in your arms: snug and high up on your chest so they’re close enough to kiss. For You: Designed to fit all mums, dads and carers. Waistband extends from approx 61cm - 132cm (24” - 52”) The body panel width of Izmi Baby Carriers extends from 18cm-41cm (7"-16") and they have been weight tested to a max weight of 16kg (33lbs). We recommend Izmi Baby Carriers for 0-12 month olds of average weight/height.The Izmi is intuitive in a way that so many carriers are not! It is adaptable and adjustable without being fiddly. The width of the carrier is adjustable by simply opening up the waist strap, and adjusting the Velcro tabs inside to the correct width for your baby as they grow. The poppers along the top of the body panel can be used to offer some extra head support for sleeping babies, and to increase the height of the body panel as your baby gets taller. Your baby should be held high and snug against your chest, close enough to kiss the top of their head; and with the carrier tightened to prevent them flopping or slumping away from your body. The material is a soft brushed cotton which will feel lovely against your baby’s skin. It’s strong yet soft and flexible, supporting the weight of your baby, while giving the comfort of a fabric sling or wrap.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment