276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Winter Killer: The new and most chilling book yet in the gripping British detective crime fiction series you have to read this Christmas 2022 (DI James Walker series, Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overview: This was a great festive read with my reading buddy. I read the first two books in this series last December so was excited to see that this came out last month. As usual I didn't guess the killer. I never do with these books because the author is very clever at throwing numerous red herrings and constantly throwing new suspects into the mix. And as DI Walker arrives on the scene and the investigation begins startling revelations come to light. Not only about the victim, but the family too. I had the killer down for most of the story, but it's nice to play amateur detective and find out that I'm right!

The Winter Killer (DI James Walker, book 3) by Alex Pine

Although the third book in the series, the book can easily be read as a standalone and there's even a character list at the start of the book to introduce you to who's who which I always find very useful. A wedding couldn’t be more beautiful in an idyllic winter setting. But unfortunately, the ending is splashed by murder. This is a slowly soil soluble high iron granular fertiliser. It contains the moss killing ingredient ferrous sulphate. But while The Winter Killer is a highly enjoyable book, what's let me down is the title, as it always annoys me when a thriller is promoted as being more sinister than it actually is. Because for me, there definitely wasn't enough winter or killing. And with tremendous pacing, appealing characters and lots of detail. This was a really enjoyable read and introduction to the series. Which I'm definitely going to read more from including the two books I've missed out on.Like a lot of readers I enjoy playing detective, trying to decipher the red herrings from the real clues and seeing if I can work out who the murderer is. Usually I am way off with my predictions and completely blindsided by the final reveal. That wasn’t the case with this one though. When I reached the half way point I had my thoughts on who was the murderer and couldn’t believe I was right when I got to the end. DI James Walker is hoping to spend his new year's weekend with his family, when he gets a call from DC Jessica Abbott, who is attending a wedding function with her fiancee, Sean at a famous hotel in Cumbria. The owner, Greg Murphy of this chain of hotels, known as “The Fells” is getting married to Libby Elliot. Her maid of honor and sister Rachel Elliot has been reported missing since the morning breakfast and when she did not turn up until late evening, Libby began to worry and soon realized that something was very wrong. DI James Walker is heading the investigation and soon they recover her body from lake Windermere adjoining the hotel. Broadleaf weed killers work by disrupting the growth of the plant and killing them from the inside. Usually, selective herbicides take around two weeks to completely rid weeds from your yard while leaving other plants unharmed. As DC Abbott is spending a relaxing New Years Eve with her fiancée Sean; attending the wedding of a mutual friend at a posh hotel on the shore of the gorgeous Lake Windermere. When she finds herself at the centre of a murder investigation after the maid of honour disappears during the reception and is later found floating in the lake.

Winter Fertiliser and Moss Killer Using Iron Sulphate as a Winter Fertiliser and Moss Killer

However, perennial weeds such as dandelions can pose a challenge since they live on through their roots. If you’re looking to kill dandelions, please understand they cannot be eradicated by spraying the flowers only. You need repetitive application of vinegar to weaken them, which will eventually kill them. DI James Walker is looking forward to seeing in the New year with his wife and baby daughter, when he gets a call from DC Jessica Abbott who is attending a wedding at ‘The Fells’ a prestigious Hotel in Cumbria with her fiancé. The owner of the chain of hotels is getting married to Libby Elliot. Her Maid of honour, her sister Rachel has gone missing, when the investigate they find evidence of foul play on the pier. They have a pretty good idea that they will find her body in the Lake. DI Walker heads the investigation to find Rachel’s killer. She was not liked much by others. So, who disliked her that much to killer her and what is the motive for her death? The products prefer damp conditions, which help to activate the peanut husk that was soaked in weed killer. As a result, the husk attaches itself to the plant and releases the weed killer agent, killing the weed from the inside. Christmas has gone, and James is happy that nothing significant has happened like the previous two years he has been a DI in Cumbria. Sadly I didn’t know it was part of a series so some of the story and plot didn’t make sense to me but that’s my own fault not that authors.I needed more. The story was often repetitive with the reader constantly reminded of the progression of events. And several of the twists, including the final reveal, were quite predictable. I also didn't see the point of the detective being so uncharacteristically worrying as it served no real purpose in the story. Let this trait hinder or compromise his investigation or, better yet, let it be an asset in solving the case. So I feel so guilty rating this so low because I really did enjoy the other books in the series, especially the first. But I did compare the third to the rest. The first two books had such better storylines in my eyes and were more exciting. This one seemed really basic and although there were a lot of suspects, the plot didn’t get going for me. The team are celebrating Christmas in Cumbria passing uneventfully and are making New Year’s Eve plans. Many are out celebrating. DI James Walker is at home enjoying life with a young baby and his partner is attending a luxury wedding at a local hotel. Unfortunately, it isn’t long before the peace is shattered with the disappearance of one of the wedding guests. While I like most of the parts in the story with short chapters, great setting and likeable characters, I found the story a bit dragging during the middle part. I’d like to thank NetGalley and Harper Collins UK for approving me for an ARC of this book. This is the third book in the DI James Walker series but haven’t not read the previous two books, I can confirm it works very well as a standalone.

The Winter Killer: The new and most chilling book yet in the

Full of twists and turns with everyone a suspect, the story takes an interesting look at family dynamics along with the complexities and intricacies of relationships between friends and lovers. Blame and guilt emerge as key issues in the search for the killer with resentments and distrust at the forefront.Killing off weeds during winter is a perfect way to guarantee the grass in your lawn will have no competition for resources when it starts to grow again in early spring. The methods discussed below are easy to implement and effective. Use Strong Herbicides to Kill off Cool-Season Weeds For moss - up to 2 applications @ 35 grams per square metre - normally one in late autumn and one after 8-12 weeks Combination Applications New Year’s Eve night and his quietness is turned upside down when a person goes missing from a wedding. When I selected this book, I wasn’t aware that this was the 3rd volume in a series, but thankfully there is an intro chapter which gives an overview on who the characters are, what their relationship is, some non-spoiler highlights from the previous books and it makes the listener / reader feel confident to continue without having all the details. I think the synopsis from the cover gives just the right amount of info, so I’ll include it below for reference: For some reason this book didn’t hit the same as the previous two did, don’t get me wrong, it was still good. I liked the progression of James’s life; his baby daughter was born and his work too.

The Winter Killer (DI James Walker series, Book 3)

The story starts with a wedding that is held in a hotel during the Christmas week. During the weeding, the bridesmaid, Rachel who also happened to be the bride’s younger sister went missing after a drunken argument. Within few hours, Rachel’s body was found, beaten to death. One of the guests at the wedding must be responsible for the murder and nearly most of the wedding guests had been not getting along with Rachel. With the discovery of items belonging to the guest found on the lakeside jetty, the signs are not good. Who could have reason to want the bride’s sister dead? Once investigations start it transpires that more than one or two of the guests might… Walker and his wife, Annie relocated to the small, remote Kirkby Abbey and it's a big change from London where Walker worked for the Met. Annie was born in Kirkby Abbey. There is never a dull moment in this dark and atmospheric story and I was riveted from start to finish. The characters are solidly drawn, lending credibility to the festive mystery/ thriller. I look forward to seeing more of DI Walker in future instalments. A gripping, solid and highly entertaining police procedural that I found entertaining and well plotted. This weed control method is perfect for areas that experience wet and mild winters, especially the Southern States.Before you start spraying vinegar to the weeds, it’s crucial to know the species that have infested your yard. Spraying vinegar on weeds before they seed will help to prevent a new generation of this species from growing. I loved every paragraph, every sentence and every word of this masterpiece! I was totally hooked’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ DI James Walker and his team return in The Winter Killer, third in this excellent police procedural series by talented author Alex Pine. DC Jessica Abbott and her fiancé Sean are attending the glamorous New Year’s Eve wedding of Libby Elliott and Greg Murphy, owner of the luxury lakefront hotel where the wedding takes place. When Rachel, Libby’s sister and maid of honor, disappears during the the reception, a search begins. DC Abbott is in charge, joined by DI Walker when clues leading to a grim discovery are found. Rachel has drowned in the lake after receiving a head injury. Abbott and Walker must deal with the grieving family, over-served wedding guests, and the bleak and snowy Cumbrian winter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment