276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Words We Keep

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Micah Mendez. Got expelled from his old school. I heard someone found him perched on Deadman’s Cliff, trying to, you know . . .” Damon makes a throat-slitting motion with his thumb. A beautifully realistic, relatable story about mental health and the healing powers of art–perfect for fans of Girl in Pieces and How it Feels to Float.

For all anyone knows, my big sister is still off at college, living in her dorm, staying out too late on weekends. I never mention that she came home a few weeks into freshman year, got into bed, and never got up again. That is, until the Night of the Bathroom floor. I stare holes into my notecards. I pretend not to see him coming. Pretend I don’t notice when he’s standing right next to me.

Table of Contents

Dad falls to his knees, and he’s hugging us, so tight I almost pop, and we’re huddled on the beach, and he’s crying, and I think they’re happy tears, but it’s hard to tell. Gorgeous and deeply touching.' – Kathleen Glasgow, New York Times bestselling author of Girl in Pieces and You'd Be Home Now

Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including:As if I didn’t stay up until two a.m. writing these poems--and rewriting them. Every time I thought I was done, there was a smudge or weird spacing or a million other reasons to start again, over and over, until they were perfect. The reception that Micah had to face, and the pressure to be the perfect child that Lily had to wrestle each day displayed just how hard it is for people to speak out and ask for help. I loved Micah’s character and the friendship he contributed through his own battles and triumphs, while shedding a little more light into Lily’s darkness. Following the discovery of her older sister, Alice, self-harming on the bathroom floor, Lily grapples with her own increasingly perilous mental health.

Damon laughs. “That’s the thing. You never know what’s going on in someone’s head.” He points to each of us. “Any one of us could be a secret psycho.” It’s just, I have this vision, you know? A world where your diagnosis doesn’t define you, and getting help doesn’t make you weak or dangerous or other. And sometimes I forget that the world isn’t there yet.”Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide. video width="1920" height="1080" mp4="https://erinstewartbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/WordsWeKeep_Trailer.mp4" poster="https://erinstewartbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Screen-Shot-2022-01-19-at-12.25.05-PM.png"][/video]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment