276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lexibook Barbie Sewing Machine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They will learn that they can do something for themselves and that they can help to make things better by sewing them together. If the sleeves don’t have any gathers or hemming to be done, you can just pin them to the armholes, matching the notches and the shoulder seam.

The 13 built in stitches come in a variety of colors and patterns, including the all-important French Knot stitch. However, a bit of stretch makes it easier to attach the sleeves, so you might want to consider woven materials with some added stretch for the bodice (and sleeves). I made some tests and found that knit materials create more bulk and are challenging to work with at a tiny scale.Children love being able to make something that they alone made using their own two hands and the barbie sewing machine is the perfect way to teach them this kind of skill. In this case it’s easiest to attach the facing before the side panels, as this way the bodice will lay flat.

This also makes learning about sewing and all of the machinery that goes along with it a fun and educational experience for your little girl or boy. The skirt patterns I created have a small overlapping bit at the upper part of the c-back seam where the skirt will remain open.The two dials control the size of the thread – a smaller one for light weight fabrics and a larger one for very heavy fabrics. All of these projects come with sewing instructions for you to follow along as you handcraft these fun projects. You may want to finish the seam allowance with zig-zag stitches after having attached the cuff, as it will fray easily when dressing the doll. She’s been making them cloths out of odd socks forever and I must say some of them are cute but most of them look like a sack.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment