276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Queen Elizabeth II: The Queen Who Chose To Serve (Hardback, illustrated biography of the Queen, including her Christian faith, perfect gift for children 4-7) (Do Great Things For God)

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As always, Vegara’s books have the best illustrations! This one kept my niece and nephew engaged and was the perfect springboard to further discussions about our new King, the succession and what it means to be a royal child.

The story of the Queen's dedication to her country from wartime service during World War II to fundraising and commitments to the Commonwealth and wider world

The Queen Who Chose To Serve

Oh, I see, you actually mean Elizabeth II, the most recent Queen of England, and not the person named on the cover. So you mean the dead one, who was still warm in her coffin while this book was being promoted? Well, I'm glad it's out of date for you, then, for parading this around as a digital review copy within days of her passing and when she's still lying in state is shameful. Little People, BIG DREAMS is a best-selling series of books and games that explore the lives of outstanding people, from designers and artists to scientists and activists. All of them achieved incredible things, yet each began life as a child with a dream. The book will also help children understand how the four nations came together as one United Kingdom, including details such as Owain Glyndwr’s rebellion against the English in 1400 to take the title of ‘Prince of Wales’, on the journey to the Queen’s reign which continues to this day. Of course there was much that was enjoyable, and I remember plenty of pictures of her smiling and laughing with genuine pleasure.

I am a huge fan of the books in this series and I knew that this one was due to be released before her death on 8th September 2022 so it is just good timing that it has been released now so shortly after her passing but I think it is a book that will be really of benefit.SJ Bennett writes crime stories with the Queen as sleuth. They are highly enjoyable, and imaginative, and respectful, and strangely seem to give an insight into Her Maj. What will become of her series…? The author must have thought about it. The story is really well done and it is a lovely little tribute, it doesn't cover the Queens passing in the book as it was written ahead of that happening. The illustrations are lovely and whilst they are not as like like as some in the series have been they are great to tell her story.

Millions of children will soon receive their own commemorative Jubilee book, celebrating and showcasing the Queen’s incredible living legacy. I hope all our pupils are as excited as I am to read about Her Majesty’s amazing life and the people and events that have shaped history during the last 70 years. A children's book about a real character should meet two criteria - be readable and without nonsense. This latest addition to the Little People, Big Dreams series fully fulfils it. Queen Elizabeth is written by the creator of this edition Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara and is accompanied by charming pictures by Melissa Lee Johnson. When she was only 13, World War Two broke out across the globe. Elizabeth bravely served as an ambulance driver, and after the war ended, she fell in love with and married the charming Prince Philip. In 1952, she was crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, and for the next 70 years she would serve as a beacon of continuity, looking after her subjects and serving the country she reigned over. As a woman she was a outnumbered with few female influencers, when the world was dominated by men, in a man’s world. The life, we celebrated at her Platinum Jubilee was one of overcoming obstacles, inclusion of others and lifelong service. Brilliant bookmarks’ from the Reading Agency are to be distributed with every book, to support and encourage reading for pleasure amongst children at school and over the summer. The book is also featured within the National Literacy Trust’s Platinum Jubilee Royal Reading Challenge.The Royals feature in many diaries, letters and biographies of notable figures of the 1940s and 1950s – for instance the Mitford sisters were well-connected, particularly Debo, Duchess of Devonshire. Chips Channon’s Diaries (vol 2, new edition 2021) contain one killer quote – in an entry in 1941, when he has met Phillip Mountbatten: “He is to be our Prince Consort and that is why he is serving in the Navy… but I deplore such a marriage. He and Princess Elizabeth are too inter-related.” The then-Princess was 14. I love this book and the entire series consisting of 110 wonderful books for readers ages 4-7. Queen Elizabeth ll was a much beloved queen whose reign lasted 70 years. She was Britain's longest-reigning monarch. She became queen when she was young and took her title and duties very seriously. She was not the typical queen or princess found in fairytales but had to give up many desires and personal aspirations to serve her subjects. She pledged to dedicate her whole life, however long it would be, for the good of others and she faithfully fulfilled that vow.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment