276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Delicate Condition

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After it happens again, and again, she KNOWS she is still pregnant - but nobody believes her. Her doctors say it’s impossible; they’ve done ultrasounds to confirm the loss. Even Anna knows that she FELT her body release the child, but it’s still inside of her. Well, at least *something* is… Griffith, Eric; Steele, Chandra (October 13, 2023). "Must Watch: The Most-Streamed TV Shows and Movies This Week". PCMag UK . Retrieved October 17, 2023.

Both a scathing indictment of the treatment of women by medical professionals and a breathless thriller, Delicate Condition paints an unyielding and heart-wrenching portrait of pregnancy that reaches like a clawed hand inside your chest. I could not put it down." Fabulously original. A deeply unsettling read that plays on women's darkest fears of pregnancy." ―Gemma Rogers, author of The Secret It is when Anna learns that her daughter’s birth was a result of a mystical intervention by the coven cult. Yet, there is a condition— she must convey Sobhian’s past memories to her daughter to ensure her healthy upbringing; failure to do so will result in Sobhian’s demise. However, the plot takes a dark twist as she faces what appears to be a miscarriage and receives the devastating news of her baby’s loss.

in a delicate condition

In the suspenseful novel, readers are drawn into the harrowing journey of Anna Alcott, a woman yearning to conceive. However, Anna’s quest for motherhood takes a sinister turn as she becomes increasingly suspicious that someone is determined to thwart her pregnancy, no matter the cost. And just when it seems like she’s finally getting her wish, life decides to rip the star she wished on right out of the sky. A miscarriage—but how when she can still feel something inside her? How, when she still gets weird cravings and experiences all the pregnancy symptoms? Does Anna want this enough to imagine it all, or is there something more sinister at play—like perhaps a Satanic cult that wants her baby to he the spawn of the devil himself? The paranoia Anna experiences is so well written. Where so many books in this genre play up to the unreliable female protagonist trope this book explores a woman who is frequently dismissed and disregarded as exactly that, but is she really?! Through the lens of women accessing healthcare; where they are often fobbed off, downplayed and ignored, this book explores the female experience of medical gaslighting in such a nuanced way. I felt it was totally relatable in that sense. Of course is it hyperbolised here, mingled in with some good old gothic horror and a bit of domestic thriller action but it says something bolder than the usual thriller. JustWatch - US Top 10 Movies and TV Shows - 25th September - 1st October 2023". SpoilerTV. October 4, 2023 . Retrieved October 4, 2023. Elsewhere, Dex's dead ex-wife Adeline appears to have been connected to the baby cult, and that's the reason why his family is being targeted... according to Preecher, that is.

I really enjoyed how the author gave no real explanation until the end. There were a few different female POVs intermingled with Anna's throughout the story that touched lightly on the plot, but nothing substantial. It only led me to wonder more and try to piece everything together. Not going to lie! I was going to pass on this until I read somewhere that it was the basis of AHS season 12. So glad that I saw that and gave this book a shot! I highly recommend! You will not be able to put this one down! Then her doctor tells her she's had a miscarriage—except Anna's convinced she's still pregnant despite everything the grave-faced men around her claim. She can feel the baby moving inside her, can see the strain it's taking on her weakening body. Vague warnings become direct threats as someone stalks her through the bleak ghost town of the snowy Hamptons. As her symptoms and sense of danger grow ever more horrifying, Anna can't help but wonder what exactly she's carrying inside of her…and why no one will listen when she says something is horribly, painfully wrong. Valentine is skilled at raising tension, burying clues and misdirects. Psychological perceptions and physical changes make Anna feel like she's crazy yet she's almost sure she knows what she's seen and felt. Anna's journey toward motherhood is, according to the Author's Note, "intended to be hyperbolic," although the author says her symptoms are rooted in "real things that happen to women's bodies." And indeed, Anna's strange behaviors, her fears of pregnancy and giving birth are well drawn. She doesn't know who to trust.The darkness and deftly woven claustrophobic feeling was really vivid. I’m looking forward to recommending this heartily. It's unclear how much of Delicate was filmed before production was paused. Once the strike is over, the wait for Part 2 will all depend on how much filming still needs to be completed. How many episodes will AHS: Delicate Part 2 have?

So many reader emotions, I didn't know who to trust; if anyone! Delicate Condition is a thriller, a horror, a mystery and it's lingering in my mind, an aftereffect of a chilling read!" — J.M. Hewitt, author of The Life She Wants Even before she could call herself a Journalist, Shweta took up teaching German in her free time, which she still continues to do for the love she has for the language (Or to help people say Kraftfahrzeughaftpflictversicherung without a stammer!) Actress Anna Alcott wants a child more than anything. Even though she is successful – so much so she is up for an Academy Award. Kim McCreight's thrillers are smart, propulsive and impossible to put down." —Laura Dave, author of The Last Thing He Told MeBoth a scathing indictment of the treatment of women by medical professionals and a breathless thriller, Delicate Condition paints an unyielding and heart-wrenching portrait of pregnancy that reaches like a clawed hand inside your chest. I could not put it down." — Katrina Monroe, author of Graveyard of Lost Children A darkly visceral and magically evocative novel. You won’t be able to put this one down until you’ve absorbed every last terrifying word." — Sarah Lawton, author of All The Little Things A timely, terrifying, heartfelt thriller. I devoured it in one sitting." ―Chris Whitaker, bestselling author of We Begin at the End This book seems like a long book, but it could be the subject matter. Her experiences going through IVF almost made me cry. I'm not sure how this book would do in a book club since it is so personal. I have to say that I felt such empathy for this woman and all she went through. Highly recommended.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment