276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilience Wrong and the Surprising Science of Real Toughness

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That is only the beginning of what this book challenges us to do with our teen years. There are countless stories of other teens who were scared or didn't know what to do, but they decided to persevere and they accomplished great things and grew as people. Steve Magness has established himself as a leading voice in performance optimization and achieving one's personal bestness, arete as the Greek's say. In Do Hard Things, Magness questions longstanding beliefs that toughness is developed through hubris and infallibility. What he reveals is both hopeful and reassuring. Do Hard Things is essential reading for anyone looking to cultivate inner strength in a genuine and authentic way."

Even when you feel completely exhausted and at the point of collapse, you can keep going. Your brain has a vested interest in keeping you alive and healthy – it wouldn’t let you keep going until you had literally zero percent left to give. But some of us can deplete our tanks far further than others, taking them almost to empty. The reasons for this are a strong sense of motivation and drive. Combating the idea of adolescence as a vacation from responsibility, the authors weave together biblical insights, history, and modern examples to redefine the teen years as the launching pad of life. Then they map out five powerful ways teens can respond for personal and social change. The rest of us are responding not only to the actual stressor but also to the anticipation and lingering reverberations of it……a triple dose of pain (before, during, and after) Many times people avoiding helping or doing the task that nobody wants to do. Not being this person, and instead being the one who chooses to take on the project, or do the task, will help you stand out. For example, if you take on a difficult client at work and succeed, you will be noticed by your boss for your efforts. The next time a promotion comes up, you’ll most likely be on the top of the list to get one. 4. You Will Be Healthier

1. You Will Grow As A Person

Steve delivers a critical message for our current age of posing and performance: real toughness is not about callous bravado, but instead about the ability to navigate difficulty with grace and an unwavering focus on what matters." The lesson here is that intrinsic motivation is more important than extrinsic motivation. It’s also more sustainable. Extrinsic motivations can change or disappear at any time. Intrinsic motivation is steadfast. So if you want to succeed at something, tap into intrinsic motivation. And if you can’t find any? Maybe ask yourself if you’re pursuing the right goals. Deadline Bad Robot Adapting Glennon Doyle’s Memoir ‘Untamed’ For TV With ‘Little Voice’ Showrunner Jessie Nelson

Do Hard Things was an excellent book. To be honest, I was not quite sure what to expect from this one going in. I am happy to report that it exceeded any expectations I may have had. This is my first from the author, but likely not my last...Do Hard Things is an extraordinary book. In fact, I believe it will prove to be one of the most life-changing, family-changing, church-changing, and culture-changing books of this generation. I’d love for every teenager to read this book, but I’m just as eager for every parent, church leader, and educator to read it.” Traditional toughness says, “forget your psychological needs and just do the work.” The science of toughness says, “satisfy your psychological needs and you’ll work harder than ever.” all my christian friends I think you'll love this and all my nonchristian friends I think that, if you don't mind the bros coming from a christian pov, you just might love it too. Zoom out and explain: When I get frustrated while working, I zoom out and see myself from a distance, then think, “Nathan is getting frustrated.” Explaining stressful situations to ourselves in the third person is an effective way to regulate emotion. In one study, kids who referred to themselves in the third person while working on a frustrating task were 30% better at regulating their emotions and staying on task.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment