276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Daredevil by Mark Waid - Volume 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm not sure what every reader's history here in this community is but from my point of view, I kind of expect readers of Mark Waid's Daredevil to at least have exposure to Miller's, Smith's, Bendis' and Brubaker's runs. Mark Waid, a New York Times bestselling author, has written for a wider variety of well-known pop-culture characters and franchises than any other American author, from Superman to Star Wars to the Justice League to Archie to Spider-Man and many, many others. After suffering through over 100 issues of depressing storylines that dragged him to the deepest bowels of hell and back (sometimes literally), Daredevil steps back into the light with a new creative team, a new lease on life, and some good fun stories to go with it. Matt also gets in serious trouble when he encounters Ikari, an assassin who has the same powerset as him sans blindness. Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin’s artwork: Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin’s artwork are truly creative and colorful to look at and greatly complements the mood of the story!

Don't get me wrong, I love the dark and broody stuff a lot, but in these dark times it's nice to read something light. The battle between Captain America and Daredevil where each are using the other’s weapons was well rendered. I like how Waid and company are going out of their way to show how hard it is to get around without sight, even with super powers. Cap needed super soldier serum to make him so formidable and Daredevil just needed chemicals to blind him.I also find some of the body horror/scare type of stuff that Waid puts in to be very effective and creepy. And that made for some interesting stories but at this point, what else could you do to the poor bastard?

I might check out the next book in the series but the first book hasn’t impressed me as completely as it has so many others.

The Slings and Arrows Graphic Novel Guide doesn't care where you've been, where you're going or where you're located. Matt is cheerful and there is a lot at stake here and the villains are fun too plus the art is so static and makes it all the more pleasant to read and then there is the mystery of the overdrive and a good cameo by Cap! But he past creeps back as blind client holds the key to a global conspiracy perpetrated by some familiar foes. I think it fits the more "happy to be alive" Matt Murdock which the comic is going for while still able to do darkness well. I'm interested in the plot at the end where, apparently, the five largest Nebulous Evil OrganizationTM groups in the Marvel Universe (AIM, Hydra, Zodiac, The Secret Empire, and Black Specter) have teamed up for a plan to secretly move all their cash around the world.

Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).Normally one of Marvels darkest characters, with character defining runs by Frank Miller, Ed Brubaker, Kevin Smith and Brian Michael Bendis, who all put Daredevil through the wringer, comes a surprising lighthearted run by Mark Waid. Marcos Martin, Paolo Rivera and later on Chris Samnee who remains the main artist later one, and with very bright and very vivid colors from Javier Rodriguez this book is popping ! Don't you ever say that to me ever again, that is a repellent statement, it's a vomituous insult to every cop, every fireman, every soldier alive who steps up to fight for those who can't! But due to outing himself as Daredevil, Matt is finding it more difficult to hide his secret identity as everyone at his law firm are starting to take advantage of this secret and making Matt give up various cases due to the court not supporting his secret identity as “Daredevil.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment