276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Skeleton Cupboard: The making of a clinical psychologist

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Powerfully moving and beautifully written, The Skeleton Cupboard shares the tales of ordinary people with an amazing resilience to the challenges of life.

skeleton in the cupboard - Idioms by The Free Dictionary A skeleton in the cupboard - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

But I cannot believe that the bright young Tanya was not also caught up in the many other aspects of training. Honestly, the epilogue was seemingly the most honest well thought out part of the book, bringing to light the importance of increasing public knowledge of the vast complexities of mental health and highlighting that not all mental heath issues can be "cured. Often, Byron is able to teach them something, too, but she frequently comes across as just another teenager. she may not have been the most successful of all of us in applied IQ terms but by God she outdid us all in her emotional intelligence. Not only does this book inform you of the process of clinical training, it inspires one to learn and grow intellectually.It wasn’t until my friend said “duh” that I thought: “Yes, maybe subconsciously I’ve done this to stop these women killing other women’s grandmothers,”’ she says. She is President of the teenage mental health charity Mindfull, a patron of Relate, and an ambassador of The National Family and Parenting Institute.

The Skeleton Cupboard: Stories From a Clinical Psychologist The Skeleton Cupboard: Stories From a Clinical Psychologist

Exact daarom trok ‘Niets is wat het lijkt’, met de ondertitel ‘Waargebeurde verhalen van een beginnend psycholoog’, mijn aandacht en heb ik het goed betaalbare boekje (9 euro voor de pocketeditie van Uitgeverij Rainbow om precies te zijn) aan een kritische leessessie onderworpen. The Skeleton Cupboard, subtitled 'The making of a clinical psychologist', is a fascinating account of the challenges and triumphs Byron faced during that period.But trainees have a different supervisor on each placement and the roles of the clinical tutor and clinical supervisor are not the same. Glibly wondering how she could possibly empathise with anorexic patients when she wanted to lose weight (how lucky they can do it so easily) was pretty uncomfortable to read, too, and again, would have been far more palatable if she spends some time acknowledging the way those thoughts were probably unhelpful and unfair. Where were the stories about how the student really didn't know what she was doing, couldn't help the patient, totally lost control of the situation or needed serious guidance from her superiors? She advises on international policy relating to young people, mental health, and education, and is currently working in China to develop services for children and their families. The book is so well written that the characters come to life and I actually felt sorry for some of them and read on with a lump in my throat when a 12-year-old girl wanted to kill herself and I was hoping thatshe would have a happy ever after.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment