276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Walrus of Love

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the 1990s, White established himself as a pop culture icon. In 1991, he hit number two in the r&b charts with Put Me In Your Mix. The following year, he duetted with the British pop singer Lisa Stansfield on All Around The World, and her championing of his cause smoothed his successful return to Britain. This first solo album, I've Got So Much to Give (1973), was a huge success and White began a run of multi-million-selling albums and singles. By 1974, he had become a worldwide phenomenon, topping the American charts with the lavishly produced instrumental "Love's Theme" by Love Unlimited Orchestra and as a solo artist with "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe" and reaching No 1 in Britain with "You're the First, the Last, My Everything". Davies, Hunter (2002). "My Friend John". Archived from the original on 16 July 2011 . Retrieved 7 December 2007. a b c "Discussions Magazine Music Blog: An EXCLUSIVE interview with THE MOODY BLUES' Ray Thomas!". Discussionsmagazine.com. 15 January 2015. Archived from the original on 23 March 2016 . Retrieved 1 October 2016.

In March 1976 Fowler won the local award. A worthy winner and an excellent ambassador for the town. 1976 saw the death of the Hero of Alamein, Field Marshall Bernard MontgomeryAs Easter approached the disco scene in the town was dominated by Lord Pink Whimsy at Samantha’s nightclub, in Leek. It is also interesting to note that this groovy hit inspired several covers over the years, including an electronic dance version by Shannon in 1983. However, none could match up to the charm and elegance of Barry White's original masterpiece.

In his infamous 1980 interview with Playboy and Yoko Ono, which was published in 1981, Lennon explained his thought process for the song in more depth. In addition to its musical merits, ' I've Got So Much to Give' also stands out for its production values and innovative arrangements. Blending elements of R&B, funk, and disco into a cohesive sound, White paved the way for countless artists in the years to come. Although ill with the chronic high blood pressure which would eventually result in kidney damage, he continued to bear his message of "loving, caring, sharing" on tours throughout the world. What set Barry White apart was his ability to craft lush, orchestral arrangements that complemented his voice perfectly. His music often featured sweeping strings, grooving basslines, and a distinct rhythm section, creating a signature sound that was instantly recognizable.

The romantic numbers

Nelson, Valerie J. "'Harlem Shuffle' co-writer was part of the soul duo Bob & Earl", Los Angeles Times, July 25, 2008. Retrieved January 16, 2016.

After four years he signed with A&M Records, and with the release of 1987's The Right Night & Barry White, the single entitled "Sho' You Right" made it to the Billboard R&B charts, peaking at No. 17. Lennon wrote the song to confound listeners who had been affording serious scholarly interpretations of the Beatles' lyrics. He was partly inspired by two LSD trips and Lewis Carroll's 1871 poem " The Walrus and the Carpenter". Producer George Martin arranged and added orchestral accompaniment that included violins, cellos, horns, and clarinet. The Mike Sammes Singers, a 16-voice choir of professional studio vocalists, also joined the recording, variously singing nonsense lines and shrill whooping noises. But listening to White’s 1970s recordings today, it’s clear he was unfairly characterized and artistically shortchanged. The essence of his appeal can be found on “Barry White: 20th Century Records Albums 1973-1979” (Mercury/UMe), a 9-CD box of his remastered solo recordings due out Oct. 26. His caressing, intimate vocal style pioneered romantic soul—an R&B genre that flowered between 1972 and rap’s arrival in 1980. White’s music also helped shape disco in the early 1970s, giving the emerging genre a more luxurious and symphonic feel.MacDonald, Ian (2005). Revolution in the Head: The Beatles' Records and the Sixties (2nd rev. edn) . Chicago Review Press. ISBN 978-1-55652-733-3. Barry White Constantly Meets People Who Were Conceived To His Music-Late Night with Conan O'Brien". YouTube. May 3, 2000 . Retrieved July 24, 2022. My playlist for my Moorlands Radio show focusing on March 1976 reflected the impact of dance on the charts at the time with songs by the diminutive Tina Charles (I Love to Love), Billy Ocean’s Love Really Hurts Without You, the Four Seasons with ‘December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night), Abba’s Fernando and the Walrus of Love himself, Barry White, with See The Trouble With Me. Barry White hit it big in '76 with the song 'You see the trouble with me'

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment