276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Summer You Were There Vol. 2, The (The Summer You Were There)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b c d e "The Summer You Were There" (in Japanese). Seven Seas Entertainment. Archived from the original on January 20, 2023 . Retrieved January 20, 2023. Didn’t work for me. Glad I borrowed them from the library. If it gets more volumes I might borrow it to see if the plot develops at all, but wouldn’t pay for the series. Seven Seas has also licensed Yuama's The Girl I Want Is So Handsome! ( Ikemen Sugidesu Shiki-senpai!) manga, and released it in a single complete omnibus volume in January 2022. Yuama launched the manga in Comic Yuri Hime in 2018, and Ichijinsha published the manga's second and final compiled book volume in October 2019.

The manga has been licensed for English release in North America by Seven Seas Entertainment. [6] Volumes [ edit ] No. Pineda, Rafael (November 17, 2023). "The Summer You Were There Manga Ends on December 18". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on November 17, 2023 . Retrieved November 17, 2023. Nov 24 Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space Releases an Update Featuring a New Episode 'The Cliffs of Wyrmrest (Wryz Saga I)' on November 24 I hope we see more of the siblings in the next volume. I saw the second volume at the bookstore but didn't have time to read it. I don't know how many volumes this will be, but so far I have seen the cover for volume four so I am optimistic that this may be a long series. I also read the author's other series called 'The Girl I Want Is So Handsome'. I thought it was cute.Shoujo Ai readers truly are blessed these days. Once upon a time, a decent yuri story was years in between, and now we’re spoiled for choice, with a growing variety of stories and characters on bookshelves. One of our favorite yuri series, Ikemen Sugidesu Shiki-senpai! (The Girl I Want Is So Handsome) came to the West earlier this year in a single-volume duology—and now, mangaka Yuama is gracing our shelves with a new story.

MC it turns out has spent the last half decade with no friends or social interactions because she feels guilty over being a bully in 5th grade toward one girl. LI tries to convince her to stay alive and that she can move on from perseveration on what she did years ago. It’s made clear that LI is not that girl from years ago but that she knows about MC being awful to the other girl. LI who is popular finds it and loves the story and essentially announces she will be MC’s girlfriend for the summer to give her more material for her next story. LI seems weirdly enamored with MC who is withdrawn and unpleasant. Shizuku is a shy girl who hardly talks to other people. Instead, she loses herself in creative writing, crafting a novel that she never plans to show anyone. But when Kaori--Shizuku's cute, popular classmate--gets her hands on Shizuku's manuscript, everything changes. Kaori is a huge fan, and suggests that Shizuku can get inspiration for her writing if the two of them start dating! Can these very different young ladies create their own love story together? Shizuku Hoshigawa, a high school student and novelist, is a shy person who tends to keep to herself, She goes to trash her manuscript after It started as a fake dating relationship at first but as the time passed both the characters started to learns painful secrets about each other, and with the presence of kaori in her life she feels about this sudden change in her life.

Summary Stats

Mateo, Alex (December 15, 2022). "North American Anime, Manga Releases, December 11-17". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on January 20, 2023 . Retrieved January 20, 2023. Yuama's The Summer You Were There (Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata) has been a beloved coming-of-age manga series since it was first released in May 2020. However, fans of the series were saddened to learn from the fifth compiled book volume afterwards that the manga would end with its sixth volume. Despite the bittersweet news, readers are eager to see how the story of Shizuku and Kaori will conclude in the upcoming final volume. Yuama's The Summer You Were There (Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata) has been a beloved coming-of-age manga series since it was first released in May 2020.(Yuama, Ichijinsha, Seven Seas Entertainment) A shy girl's journey to love This series will live and die on its main duo. Thankfully, the mangaka says at the end they have been thinking about how to write this story for a while, and it's also limited to four volumes, and both of these details give me hope. If you don't like them or learning about their stories, you should probably grab your coat. Comic Natalie (in Japanese). Natasha, Inc. January 18, 2021. Archived from the original on November 17, 2021 . Retrieved January 20, 2023.

While we definitely enjoy a little fan service in our manga, it’s important that yuri stories genuinely attempt to communicate relationships between women, and The Summer You Were There earns high praise from us in that department. As with many ‘fake dating’ stories, part of the enjoyment is seeing the characters break down each other’s walls, slowly turning a lie into truth. Yuama has wonderfully captured the tension and confusion Shizuku feels about this sudden change in her life, including Shizuku’s struggle with mental health. Tons of repetitive moments of MC looking vaguely upset, blaming herself, lots of wordless panels that didn’t come off as poignant or artistic or anything, just tons of dead space in the story. Throughout the volume, Shizuku mentions how she can't get close to people and doesn't want to hurt people again. She feels it is best if she is alone. Close to the end, she confesses that she bullied a friend. She doesn't want Kaori to think she is a kind person, when to herself she isn't. Comic Natalie (in Japanese). Natasha, Inc. February 17, 2022. Archived from the original on January 20, 2023 . Retrieved January 20, 2023.June 2023. Pretty unremarkable first two volumes of a GL manga. The MC has withdrawn completely into herself and wrote a GL manga that ends with a couple of teen girls unaliving themselves. MC is contemplating ending her own life. Comic Natalie (in Japanese). Natasha, Inc. January 18, 2021. Archived from the original on September 27, 2022 . Retrieved January 20, 2023. Yuama weaves her yuri magic once more, with another riveting story of love and growth between damaged girls. Unlike her previous work, The Girl I Want Is So Handsome, Yuama’s new series, Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata (The Summer You Were There), walks a much thornier path, with more complicated characters and darker themes. Nov 25 i☆Ris the Movie - Full Energy!! - Anime Film Teaser Visual Revealed at i☆Ris Live Stage in Anime NYC & i☆Ris First Performance in New York Successfully Completed I’m thinking they’ll soften the truth of Shizuku’s situation, but I honestly hope they don’t. She’s much more interesting this way and it’s very intriguing to think of Kaori coming to her rescue from the darkness that she enveloped herself in.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment