276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Feelings Book

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In When Sadness Is at Your Door, Eva Eland brilliantly approaches this feeling as if it is a visitor. She gives it a shape and a face, and encourages the reader to give it a name, all of which helps to demystify it and distinguish it from ourselves. She suggests activities to do with it, like sitting quietly, drawing, and going outside for a walk. The beauty of this approach is in the respect the book has for the feeling, and the absence of a narrative that encourages the reader to “get over” it or indicates that it’s “bad,” both of which are anxiety-producing notions.

The Feelings Series is especially designed to help children better understand their feelings and how to identify, manage and express those feelings in an appropriate and acceptable way - both to themselves and to others. Each of these books uses simple terminology so that toddlers and children starting school will be able to understand and learn about how they are feeling. They will also give them techniques to use to calm down, so they can react appropriately to any given situation. There are many emotions, and it’s ok to feel them if you know how to deal with them in a healthy way. How are you feeling today? This fun, friendly and reassuring introduction to feelings is designed to help young children recognise, understand and name how they’re feeling and learn to talk about and manage their emotions in helpful ways. I can’t quite put into words how much I enjoyed this book so just look at my list of all my fave things:) Using empathy for life―Tips, reflections, and games will help adults foster empathy in children for their whole lives.Maybe having all the feels might not be such a bad thing. And that one discovery? Well, it changes everything! A new book series developed in tandem with teachers and therapists to help children cope with a range of emotions and teach them that they indeed hold the power to choose their actions and reactions.

Lena is feeling BOTH nervous and outgoing. Lena tells her dad about her shoes feeling nervous. Her dad asks questions — doesn’t try to solve. Then, Lena figures out that her headband can talk to her shoes. Her dad gives them some space for her to work things out… The headband reminds the shoes of other times they all were scared and also brave. And that things worked out. Even though her shoes still feel a little nervous, they decide to be brave and go to school. And Lena is proud of them! Teach kids to be kind and considerate, with a fun and friendly book about the importance of empathy. Essentially, social-emotional learning starts with self-awareness and the ability to name your own emotions when you’re feeling them.

The Feelings Book will explain to kids that their feelings will always change, and that’s ok. Sometimes they will feel like dressing up, and sometimes they will feel like crying or camping with the dog, and sometimes they will feel like doing nothing at all. Your kids need to learn that they should share their feelings no matter how they feel. The emotions listed in this book are really silly, and the art style is bold and colorful, so younger children will love reading this book. Everyone is different and their feelings aren`t the same and what you feel is who you are you, it`s something you must claim. Today I Feel Silly: And Other Moods that Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis, illustrated by Laura Cornell But all of these ingredients did not bake a good book. I didn't feel anything for the characters, they felt very one dimensional. And the plot was really non existent. It was a whole lotta cute fluff so if that is something you enjoy you may appreciate it more than I did. Definitely not my usual cuppa tea but I rolled with it to the end. And I’m starting to write SEL picture books because I want to see books on emotions that show both/and –and that show kids how to live with uncomfortable emotions, not just try to get rid of them which is a set up for shame.

Suzanne and Max Lang bring hilarity and levity to this very important lesson on emotional literacy, demonstrating to kids that they are allowed to feel their feelings. I dont think this was a bad book and I actually feel kind of bad giving it such a low rating because I feel like a lot of people would swoon hard and absolutely love it… but unfortunately i was extremely bored the entire time I read it and couldn’t wait for it to be over. This engaging and interactive book guides children through the practice of naming their feelings and the physical sensations that accompany them. From wiggly and squirmy to rested and still, Listening to My Bodyhelps children develop a sensations vocabulary so that they can express what they are experiencing. Easy, kid-friendly mindfulness activities are woven throughout to reinforce the teachings.Ways to set a good example―Kids will learn to put themselves in someone else’s shoes, lend a helping hand, and inspire others to do the same.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment