276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LISA FRANK Sticker Book ~ Over 1200 Stickers - 1st Official Collector's Set!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In her chat with Urban Outfitters, Frank did offer a sliver of insight into her personal life by revealing that she has two sons, who each served as inspiration for her big kitten creations Hunter and Forrest. "Well, my two favorite characters are Hunter and Forrest, who are based off my kids," she explained. "Forrest is based on my 13-year-old, and Hunter is a 17-year-old character who was named the day Hunter was born. We had created both characters before the boys were born, and then when they were born, we thought, 'Oh my gosh, they really do fit their personalities!'"

At one point in the company's history, Lisa Frank's giant factory employed hundreds of people, but that staff has since dropped to just a handful thanks to outsourcing of production and diminished demands for the product. Even its heyday, though, Lisa Frank Inc. had trouble hanging onto employees because of their documented dissatisfaction with the work environment she and her former CEO-slash-husband James Green created for staffers. As one source told Jezebel for their investigation of the company's history of woes, "Lisa Frank is notorious in Tucson as the world's sh***iest employer. Every single person I talked to advised me to avoid Lisa Frank at all costs. I didn't know a single person who had not heard horror stories about the work environment there."

Many Lisa Frank fans said they were ecstatic about the collection

The street was initially named South Masterson Avenue, after Bat Masterson, a friend of Wyatt Earp’s. It was renamed S. Lisa Frank Avenue in 1997—a move that prompted a protest from American Airlines, which was also located on the road and didn’t find out about the name change until a new street sign appeared.

As Lisa Frank herself once described her living aesthetic (via Gawker), "My house really is purple and yellow and hot pink and light green and orange." Rondi Kutz, who worked as head designer for Lisa Frank for 15 years confirmed as much in her interview with Hello Giggles, saying, "Lisa IS her brand! She lives, breathes, and quite possibly eats colors. Her house was/is purple. She wears the most awesome shoes — usually with super platforms — and unique designer clothes. She is teeny tiny, with a personality about a million times bigger than she is physically. Lisa radiates creativity along with extreme business savvy. She is one sharp and colorful cookie!" Lisa Frank (born April 21, 1955) is an American businesswoman, the founder of Lisa Frank Incorporated, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona. She is known for producing whimsical commercial design for school supplies and other products that are primarily marketed to children.

Several Kickstarter backers told Insider they were furious with Lisa Frank and wouldn't support the Morphe collaboration

a b c Egan Morrissey, Tracie (December 12, 2013). "Inside the Rainbow Gulag: The Technicolor Rise and Fall of Lisa Frank". Jezebel . Retrieved April 18, 2023. Simonson, Scott (January 24, 2006). "Ruling due in lawsuit: Lisa Frank vs. spouse". Arizona Daily Star. Tucson, Arizona. Archived from the original on May 7, 2020 . Retrieved May 7, 2020. Control of girl-focused company decided". The Associated Press State & Local Wire. October 21, 2005.

In the ‘80s and ‘90s, Lisa Frank was the epitome of cool. Here are a few things you might not have known about the brand, and the woman behind it. 1. There’s a real Lisa Frank. Frank went to the University of Arizona to study math and art, and told Urban Outfitters in a rare interview (granted in 2012, when the retailer began selling vintage Lisa Frank pieces online) that when she made the decision, “my dad said 'That's fine, but you're going to support yourself.' ... I am sure that if I failed, he would have been there for me, but it was a sort of a tough-love situation.” To get by, she started her own business, according to the Arizona Daily Star [ PDF], by buying “pottery and jewelry from area Indian tribes and [bringing] them home to Michigan to sell. Once the network of artists she met grew, she began to represent them and sell their handmade work.” Lisa Frank Movie in the Works With 'Air Force One' Producer". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved March 3, 2018. The collection, which blended the two ‘90s pop culture behemoths—the t-shirt featured Ross and Rachel alongside Frank's iconic aliens, while the sweat pants featured the logos for each brand along with Frank's designs—was available for just a single day. 14. Lisa Frank also collaborated with Ed Hardy. To be quite honest, I'm pissed off," Sandersfeld said when asked about her thoughts on the Lisa Frank x Morphe line. "We went through so much just for Lisa Frank to turn around and act like nothing ever happened."Wichner, David (October 1, 2005). "Girls' crafts business founders file for divorce; control of company in limbo". Arizona Daily Star. Tucson, Arizona.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment