276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop Citadel Pot de Peinture - Contrast Magos Purple (18ml)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Genestealer Cults Patriarch. In his hand he has a Blood Angels helmet and on his base is a Crimson Fist, neatly covering my two Marine armies. Credit: Corrode

The first round of base coats are for the skin, and this is pretty much what you can see. I used Carroburg on the more evidently Tyranid hybrids and then various flesh contrasts for the more human range skin tones.

Charlie A’s Method

The bell is much the same process, though I’ll hit this with Typhus Corrosion as well to give it an aged patina. Teal and turquoise are crucial when painting lizards, magic effects, and Space Marines like the Alpha Legion – and Kroxigor Scales fits alongside Leviadon Blue and Akhelian Green to give you even more choice. I hit the scales and the top of the banner in places with Runefang Steel so that when I paint the scales and fur with Contrast Shyish Purple there is a nice metallic sheen. I also hit the crab claw as well.

To get river/lake looking shiny I just kinda pour some gloss varnish from the bottle on, you will want a paper clip or something to poke any bubbles. The penultimate step is painting the rims with your choice of paint, in this case I used dryad to match my Tyranids. The last model thing the models need is to throw on some tufts, I like using these ones from Gamers Grass:After googling Slaanesh art (… it was actually art, get your mind out of the gutter), I came up with some eyes and a mouth I liked. Due to the layout of the mirror and to be extra spooky, I decided to have the eye down low and the mouth up top. You can do literally anything and justify it as “Chaos”. I followed the principles for freehand from our own Free-Hand Guide and it was incredibly useful. Who knew GoonHammer made useful content?? Unlike many other Legios which were utterly destroyed at Titandeath on Beta-Garmon (or at later battles in the Heresy), Gryphonicus survived. However, M.41 wasn’t kind to them, seeing the complete overrun of Gryphonne IV by Hive Fleet Leviathan. This wasn’t their last stand: Some survived to fight another on the Fortress World of Cadia during Abaddon’s 13th Crusade. As you’re probably aware, though, that didn’t go so well for them either. The fate of those Titans is currently unknown, though we have a sneaking suspicion that the War Griffons fight on somewhere, bloodied but unbroken. I drybrush that over the flesh of the sores. I’m also going to use Bugman’s Glow to paint all of the tentacle bits coming out of the Great Unclean One’s body in various spots. I’ll highlight the raw muscle with Bugman’s Glow as well.

Pretty much the entirety of this step is coating the areas you want colourshifted with your paint of choice. When I did the Epitome above I used GreenStuffWorld’s Pinky Blue, but since I can’t condone that company any more I recommend Turbo Dork’s 3D Glasses, or any similar pink/purple/blue gradient. The characters have a lot of gems and such, which I painted orange as a contrasting colour. Recipe-wise, the key colours are as below.

Where to read more

THE STATION - Warhammer и Настольные Игры - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fI8SmlQm2Q9nNYkwiRatg Most of the time in Titanicus, you’ll be focusing fire on your priority target while trying to deny your opponent the ability to focus their fire. Lust for Glory forces your opponent to split their fire if they want to make the most of their trait – abuse this. Manoeuvre your Titans so that your opponent has to work for their vow by hiding behind cover to dodge arcs, or hide behind cover yourself to make them choose between not capitalizing on Lust for Glory or giving it up entirely. Remove their Knight Banners fast so that your shields only have to worry about one Titan firing at them a turn. You want them to deny them the benefit of their legion trait while exploiting its weaknesses. Blue/Grey Cloth: – Base with Dark Reaper. – Wash with Coelia Greenshade. – Highlight with Dark Reaper. – Edge Highlight with Thunderhawk Blue.

In our How to Paint Everything series, we take a look at different armies of the Warhammer universe, examine their history and heraldry, and look at several different methods for painting them. With the release of Engine War we’re looking at the forces of the Chaos Daemons, and this instalment is dedicated to Grandfather Nurgle. Who are the Daemons of Nurgle? It’s also helpful to start by undercoating your miniatures in a colour that will save you the most effort. We used the Citadel Spray primer version of Macragge Blue for the Ultramarines, Grey Seer for the Apothecary Biologis, and Wraithbone for the Tyranids. We also used pots of matching Base paint colours to tidy up mistakes later on – because we all make mistakes. Next, we magically cut to a stage where the armor and skin look better. Pay attention to the skin tones. The shadows have been further darkened with purples, reds, and browns, while the highlights have been further brightened with creams and greens. The skin itself is less desaturated thanks to green ink, which is transparent and allows us to tint the color gradient underneath. The wound on the stomach (along with several other points of interest on the skin) has been darkened (reddened) to look inflamed and highlighted with bright pink spots. Gross! After that, it was just Contrast Plaguebearer Flesh on the Plaguebearer with some Contrast Blood Angels Red on the guts. So there you have it, pro-tips from one of our pro-painters! That’s just 10 of the 25 new Contrast paints – we’ve already had ideas for coruscating bolts of energy with Mantis Warrior Green and some filthy underhive terrain with Garaghak’s Sewer. The possibilities are truly endless!

TheChirurgeon’s Method

Tyranids: Tyranids are a faction of monstrous, bioengineered creatures that consume all life in their path. Magos Purple can be used to paint their carapaces, adding a layer of depth and detail to their already intricate designs. The colour can also be used to highlight their weapons, claws, and teeth, making them appear even more menacing. For the ridged sections between any carapace plates, basecoat with Xereus Purple and shade with Druchii Violet For the human skin highlight the colours are basically just moving left to right from darkest to lightest of this trio of paints. The darker skin is a couple of thin coats of Knight-Questor, then for the last highlight mixing in a touch of Cadian. The medium skin tone started with Cadian followed by mixing in a bit of Kislev for the final highlight of the medium tone. Then I reused that Cadian/Kislev mix for the initial highlight of the lightest tone that was then finished off with kislev. The hybrid skin is a couple of thin coats of Ushabti over the base coat, you can push it a touch further with screaming skull if you want. Decorative Metal (Icons, Leaders’ Weapons): – Base with Balthasar Gold. – Wash with Agrax Earthshade. – Drybrush with Hashut Copper. – Lightly Drybrush with Sycorax Bronze, focused on the edges. Once the chipping is where you want, its crucial that you seal thoroughly with varnish, otherwise washes and later paint layers can reactivate the chipping medium. In my case I am using either Vallejo Mecha Matte or Premium Air Matte, and I am not quite sure how other finishes will affect how the the scheme turns since there are a lot of washes involved. Do note, that while I describe doing this with a airbrush you could probably do it by hand or rattle can, its just that it might take a lot longer. Base Coats – Its almost all washes baby

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment