276°
Posted 20 hours ago

minor

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With each hook, the production expands bit by bit, but every time it draws back, the track’s valuable momentum diminishes. Undeniably, there are tracks on Good Riddance that show Abrams’ and Dessner’s ability to tap into something especially profound.

Gracie Abrams - Minor - 12 Inch - Vinyl Tap Gracie Abrams - Minor - 12 Inch - Vinyl Tap

But with melodic repetition and unadventurous production, the record is often stagnant, leaving you wishing for a more sophisticated, compelling take on whisperpop. After performing as an opening act on Olivia Rodrigo's Sour Tour, Abrams released her debut album, Good Riddance, on February 24, 2023. You want her to wander somewhere unpredictable—to do something that would make these ostensibly intimate moments more special. In a 2020 interview, Abrams supported expressing personal views through music, saying, "I can't separate my music from my opinions. Wade, Abrams was among 160 musical artists including Clairo, Lorde, Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, Halsey, and Phoebe Bridgers that signed a full-page ad in The New York Times in May 2022 condemning the planned Supreme Court decision.On May 20, 2020, Gracie released her second single for the album, “ Long Sleeves” and announced the album title and release date for minor.

Gracie Abrams elevates the sad-girl aesthetic with her Gracie Abrams elevates the sad-girl aesthetic with her

Trading the backdrop of Los Angeles for New York’s Hudson Valley, Abrams found a creative partner in Aaron Dessner – known to many younger pop fans as one of the masterminds behind Taylor Swift’s Folklore and Evermore albums, but to longer-term indie rock fans, co-founder and architect of some of the genre’s best moments of the ‘00s and ‘10s, with The National.

It was followed by her release of a new song titled "Rockland", which was created with Aaron Dessner.

Gracie Abrams - Minor | Releases | Discogs

It’s possible to face our insecurities and acknowledge our flaws without leaning on victimhood as a crutch. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. The album’s title shares the name with one of Gracie’s songs, “ Minor”, initially shared through snippets on Instagram. This is music for people who can (and also those who have trouble with) admitting their flaws in relationships; not just with friends and partners, but with themselves.Taylor Swift’s recent collaborations with Dessner put her songwriting skills on full display, while adding newfound subtlety to her work, like the understated 5/4 discomfort of “tolerate it” and the unexpected stomp beat of “closure. When we first caught wind of Abrams’ music in 2020, we tapped her as “the next Lorde” – though Good Riddance does well in positioning the Californian artist in a place where her voice is standing out on its own.

Gracie Abrams - Minor (Vinyl LP) - Music Direct

Taylor’s Version) [From The Vault] My Love Mine All Mine Say Don’t Go (Taylor’s Version) [From The Vault] “Slut! This draw is conducted in a secure enivironment selecting an identifier which can not be used to access your account and the data is deleted as soon as the draw has been conducted. Although it inspired Olivia Rodrigo’s breakout song and has amassed nearly 300 million streams on Spotify, the EP is underdeveloped, with simple production and promising (but sometimes cliché) confessional writing. The song is a misty balance of the universal and the personal, leaving one commenter on Abrams’ Instagram announcement to ask earnestly, “Okay but does anyone know what this song’s about?Sent In By: Val Athanassiou on 30 October 2023 Purchased my first item on a family recommendation (was sweating it because it was quite a special product) and it was delivered in bulletproof packaging, resisting the usual AusPost tough love.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment