276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Empire of Lust: A Dark Mafia Romance (Torrio Empire Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love that we get to continue Empire of Lies by starting off from the cliffhanger in the first book. Okay, so I thought Callum was crazy in book 1, but he is so freaking unhinged in book 2, but I really enjoyed his character in Empire of Lies since we get to see how much Bianca has affected him both emotionally and physically. I also enjoyed seeing Bianca’s character how she was able to resist Callum and his temptation. Both Bianca and Callum, have such great character development in this book. Callum shows his true feelings for Bianca and would go through great lengths for both Bianca and for his daughter, Tatum. Bianca has grown a great deal, from being the naive girl to a women who is resilient and fierce. I liked seeing Bianca's dad get his stuff together ( sort of) and how he didn't disowned his own daughter for being with Callum despite everything he believed to be true about him. I’m really hoping that Tatum and Romero have their own book because I’m also invested in whether or not they are able to work out their issues. Also, 4 words since I don’t want to spoil anything, but THE FREAKING BELT SCENE. My jaw dropped, omg. I seriously could not put this book down. I was truly invested in all the drama, suspense, and secrets. Can’t wait for the final book in this trilogy.

Empire of Lust by J. L. Beck - Audiobook | Scribd Empire of Lust by J. L. Beck - Audiobook | Scribd

Still addictive reading although it ends on another cliffhanger, which I'm not 100% sure is necessary. I found some elements really (too much of the dad, Tatum and long drawn out musing) could have been omitted altogether and this saga could have been resolved here. Overall, the story is addictive, although it ends on another cliffhanger, which I'm not entirely sure was necessary but was well done. I am sure the author is setting up another series with Callum's daughter Tatum but it did at time make the story feel drawn out. Typically book 2 in a trilogy will struggle to find purpose and voice but not Empire of Lies. The plot develops into an intriguing 'whodunnit' that keeps the story moving at a good pace. Callum and Bianca’s relationship is a forbidden, dark, suspenseful one, with a lot of secrets, lies, and intensity. Callum is Bianca’s best friend Tatum’s father and 22 years older than her. He’s also a notorious arms dealer who lives a dangerous lifestyle that Bianca is not accustomed to. Book 1 goes more into the details of their relationship development, where book 2 is more about Callum and Bianca coming to terms with their feelings and how they can live their lives together. There is so much internal struggle in both of them yet I still find myself rooting for them. Can Callum redeem himself after all of the lies? Can Bianca forgive him and fully give in to him? Will Bianca’s secret change everything? (IYKYK). Ultimately though, we also get a decent plot that turns into quite the 'whodunnit' and keeps the story zipping along. Can Callum be redeemed? Hmmm....

Discover

While I did manage to finish the first book. I couldn't force myself to get very far through the second one. I understand that everyone has their own kinks, but this story really crossed several lines into outright abuse. The story wasn't intriguing or even well-written. The character development is incredibly weak. The description of the book makes it sound like a naughty fantasy romance between a bad guy older man and an innocent young woman. In reality, it's about an abusive, controlling, murderer taking advantage of a naive, emotionally unstable, vulnerable teenager. The idea of "love" between the two characters makes absolutely zero sense, as they have nothing in common. The author spends no time at all even developing any kind of emotional relationship between the two. It's like the whole story is just haphazardly thrown together for the sheer purpose of writing raunchy sex scenes. Now, I DO love a well-written sex scene, but not at the expense of story building. As far as the narrators, the female was okay, but the man sounds like Danny Devito. His version of the female character voices is almost as cringeworthy as the plot. i loved literally reading every single second of this book and how Bianca and Callum's relationship grew a lot in this book and im sooooo hooked for their story and im so excited to see where the book3 goes 🥹🥹 Our servers are getting hit pretty hard right now. To continue shopping, enter the characters as they are shown

J L Beck - Fantastic Fiction J L Beck - Fantastic Fiction

Tropes: possessive alpha, age gap, best friends dad, billionaire, morally gray, praise, good girl, degradation, secret baby This second book goes on with Callum and Bianca’s deeper love story and trials and tribulations. Surprises come up that could possibly end some relationships. This series only gets better by the book! The last few chapters had me hanging on to my seat! I want more! I’m sad I have to wait for the next book but I know it will be AMAZING!!!! This book is filled with twists and turns, spice, and DRAMA. I had so much fun reading this! I enjoyed seeing both of our main characters evolve but with that ending.. I can’t wait to see how the final book in the trilogy will go!!I loved how Bianca and Callum are together again and after that cliffhanger i hope there's a big hea. 😅

Empire of Lust by J. L. Beck | Open Library

Billionaire, Forbidden, Best Friend's Father, Age Gap, Br3eding Kink, Possessive & Controlling Hero If you have not yet read book one, Empire of Lust, do not read my review it will possibly contain spoilers for that book. You’ve been warned. Oh my gosh, that damn cliffhanger Josi! You’re killin’ me! I need book two like I need air in my lungs to breathe! 😓

Help

So far this is off to a great start! The only thing I had a problem I had with it is the h voice. I don't understand why she sounds like she is constantly whispering?! Read more I think I gave myself a hang nail while reading this book especially with its ending! 🤯 Lordddddd when I tell you this book phenomenal trust me 🤌 I couldn’t put the book down! I finished it but...I don't know if I can do the other two in the series, which is unlike me when it ends on a cliffhanger. There's just so much being forced in this relationship. Read more Bianca- despite suspecting she loves him - had fled Callum's infatuation only to discover a horrifying secret that could change everything.... no spoilers. Callum and Bianca grew a lot in this book. Some truths came to light but while new secrets were made. This book was even better than book 1.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment