276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bob Yak Bike Trailer With Bag And Quick Release Clamp - For 28" Wheel, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For all those who want to let it rip on deep-treaded tires, especially downhill, or just like to watch others throw themselves down the mountains should take a look at Available from BikeInn in Spain, selling to the UK and taking care of all the import stuff (See relevant thread for details) Thanks for that. Yes, I have now found them now at SJS as well (I followed a link earlier and it was sold out but they actually have other models). I think they are now made by Croozer (a German firm), although I don't know exactly where. AFAIK, they were previously made by Britax*. Having said that, I don't really know for sure whether they are still being made or what is out there is NOS. I do find it strange that these things are so secret, particularly as it is such a well known and highly regarded product. The YAK trailer is the original Beast of Burden (B.O.B.) product. This versatile single wheel bike cargo trailer has long been the most popular trailer among cyclists the world over for both touring and around town utility hauling. A new e-bike drive from Bosch? A new mountain bike drivetrain from Shimano? One hundred percent recycled tires from Schwalbe? A new catalog of fines for cyclists? On www.velomotion.de you will find out first. All tested bikes or products are extensively tested in practice by our editors and the experiences are honestly shared with the readers. Around 30.000 readers (source: Google Analytics) visit Velomotion.de every day to read the extensive practical tests, product news, guides and reports from professional cycling. Especially the monuments of cycling, such as Giro d'Italia, Tour de France or classics like Paris-Roubaix are presented on Velomotion by our competent team of experts with a lot of expertise and analyzed after the race. Velomotion also on Youtube

The devil’s in the detail, the minor details that really start to bug you when you’re living on your bike for weeks or months at a time. Y’know, the piercing squeaking noise from the dropout mounts after it’s rained, and the rumbling noise from the crappy wheel bearings that sounds like a articulated lorry is coming up your arse… The extra bike length and unwieldy manoeuvring associated with the Yak trailer are a pain when it comes to navigating crowded streets, hotel stairs, public transport and so on. I wouldn’t even consider using one in the parts of Asia where I’ve cycled for just this reason. One area where the trailer holds its own is when crossing deep rivers, as you can wear the whole thing like a Heath Robinson rucsac. This was the reason I originally bought the trailer, for a trip I’d been planning across Iceland. In use Topeak's entry into the admittedly not very crowded trailer market looks good but doesn't quite have the versatility of a Bob Yak.

Our Websites

Topeak claim that their trailer is 'perfect for a ride to the market or a trip across a continent'. Ok, I'll be honest, I haven't actually taken it anywhere more exotic than the local Sainsburys but that's where it really belongs. What Topeak have done here is to take a rough, tough original concept (the Bob Yak) and smooth off the edges to make it more pleasing to a less gnarly target market. If the Yak is a muddy Land Rover living on a farm, the Journey is a Discovery living in a suburban driveway. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, not everyone wants ruffty-tuffty malleability in their urban transport solutions. It's a trailer for people who want something simple and off the peg, it's not for hardened bike geeks. Velomotion is your digital magazine for everything to do with bicycles and e-bikes: editorially and journalistically independent and always up-to-date, our team of experienced bike editors reports on the latest bicycles, accessories, news and trends as well as everything that cyclists are about today favorite means of transportation. Velomotion tests bicycles, e-bikes and accessories on a daily basis While planning an epic tour of New Zealand I cast a speculative eye at the BOB Yak trailer hanging on my wall. I’d only ever used it for weekend bothy trips in the Highlands, so maybe it was time to get some serious mileage under its wheel. As it turned out, the ‘epic’ riding in New Zealand never really materialised, but at least the Yak proved to be a great way of carrying all my gear… Right?

At the end of the day the Journey may be the Bob's polite and slightly effete cousin but the more people decide to do their shopping by bike, the better the world becomes and if they need a prettier trailer then so be it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment