276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Feminists Don't Wear Pink (and other lies): Amazing women on what the F-word means to them

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The content is modern and inclusive too, feminism is not exclusive to gender issues anymore; it its directly connected to issues of race, ethnicity, faith, sexuality and class.

A book of honourable intentions, but I’d recommend Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche’s Dear Ijeawele for highly practical feminist advice. Feminists don’t wear pink (and other lies): Amazing women on what the F-word means to them is a selection of thought pieces written by 50 very different women, discussing feminism on their own terms.

I know this because it continued to happen in my first full-time job in bar (where it was especially bad) and then later in what my mother would describe as my first 'serious job' for a well-respected company. It starts by never taking for granted how poisonous society can be to the male psyche, and protecting boys from the onslaught of misinformation everywhere" ( p. Grouping discussions like this so closely together just made it sound repetitive, with similar thoughts and topics being covered within 20 pages over and over again.

However, with the exception of the above, and a couple other highlights, this book was largely a let-down. Some essays actually weren't about feminism at all, some were about a very weird conception of feminism. There are in-depth essays from prevalent activists such as Jameela Jamil, on bringing up a boy in a feminist world, and Trisha Shetty on being fuelled by anger and a desperation for equality. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.She curated the Sunday Times bestselling Feminists Don't Wear Pink and other lies , which won the National Book Award 2018. Salah satu tulisan di dalam memberikan gambaran yang jelas apa yang bisa saja terjadi ketika anak-anak remaja putri itu dimasukkan ke sekolah ketimbang langsung dinikahkan begitu saja kepada pria yang bersedia membayar mahal. The accounts in this book are very real, beautiful and thought provoking, and it makes me proud as hell to be a feminist. We, self-proclaimed feminists, no longer have tha stigma of being frumpy, hating men, being lesbians, hating makeup and fashion, having moustaches bigger than 14 year old hormone packed boys and, guess what?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment