276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sennheiser IE 600 In-Ear Headphones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But it gets even worse. The MMCX connector on the IE 600 is actually proprietary, with an extra lip that means regular MMCX connectors will be too short to make a proper connection. It might be better for durability, but this gave me hell when trying to find 3rd party replacements. It's a little better now that they've been on the market for a while, but most compatible cables will either be more expensive, or you'll need to take your chances with random AliExpress cables. Overall, the IE 600 is a high performer, with a V-shape sound that extends well into both ends of the frequency response. While it's not my favorite type of sound, the IE 600 does what it does well really well. The difference in sound between the silicone and foam tips actually is quite substantial. It’s fuller body, softness, smooth vocals and easygoing treble of the foam vs the clarity, energy, treble spiciness and vocal forwardness of the silicone tips. For me I both in comfort as in sound get most pleasure from the foam tips, even though an extra bit of treble energy would have been welcome for my older ears. In today’s review we’ll be taking a close look at the yesterday announced IE 600 IEM: Sennheiser’s newest single driver, audiophile earphone. It’s positioned right in between the IE 300 and IE 900, and it was written in the stars that this IEM would soon see the light of day. And that time is now!

When inserting the IEMs at the beginning, you do need to fiddle around a little to get the perfect fit, but once they are in place and the hooks are moulded to the correct shape, they are extremely comfortable (for me) and are going nowhere unless I want them to.

Should you buy the Sennheiser IE 600?

Even if the IE 600 sounds more intimate, the IEM’s spaciousness and airiness is natural. Separation-wise the IE 600 scores well, but it’s not as pronounced as in its big brother’s. Treble is fairly smooth and offers just the right amount of sparkle without exhibiting any sibilance. Not the tallest or airiest of stages, but detail retrieval is very good with sufficient air. Treble is never aggressive and is in line with the IEM's overall natural sound signature.

Whereas the A8000s invariably compel attention, delivering everything all at once in a manner that excites and occasionally overwhelms, bringing music to life with unrelenting, unwavering energy. The tip selection as usual is critical. You really need a perfectly sealing fit to get the IE 600’s body and bass presence as it’s supposed to (not to mention the comfort). With the IE 600 that for me means I have to use the medium size memory foam tips that come with the IEM.This driver is a little smaller than what you might expect to find in an earphone. Where most of those hover around the 10mm mark, here the IE 600 makes do with a 7mm one (and 3mm might not sound significant but it’s a meaningful drop in radiating area). This helps to boost the upper frequency performance but the reduction in cross section would notionally lead to a drop in bass output. To compensate, Sennheiser uses a series of chambers to augment the low frequency response. Where the IE 900 is a triple chamber device, the IE 600 simplifies this process somewhat and makes use of a dual chamber arrangement.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment