276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Weyward: Discover the unique, original and unforgettable fiction debut novel of 2023 – a BBC 2 Between the Covers Book Club Pick and #2 Times Bestseller

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wayward Sons Toby Jepson Sam Wood eonmusic Interview July 2017". eonmusic: music for life . Retrieved 2023-02-17.

I am fairly new to the magical realism genre but I am fast learning why it is so popular. This particular book encapsulates many genres other than magical realism, we have some women's fiction and of course the historical side. What I found most fascinating was Emilia Hart's ability to set scenery, her way of describing sights, sounds and smells was visceral and I could easily picture all three ladies' lives in my mind's eye. In November 2005, Jepson's fortunes appear to have improved considerably, and he resurfaced again to tour with Thunder. He toured twice in the UK during 2006: The first tour supporting Thunder, and the second, headlining during September. This new tour premiered new songs to a fan base. This book's has good basic characters, and a good, if basic plot. The form is quite beautiful...but I had problems with it. Altha is awaiting trial for the murder of a local farmer who was stampeded to death by his herd. As a girl, Altha’s mother taught her their magic, a kind not rooted in spell casting but in a deep knowledge of the natural world. But unusual women have always been deemed dangerous, and as the evidence for witchcraft is set out against Altha, she knows it will take all of her powers to maintain her freedom.Three women. Three mistreated women are all linked by their resilience and ability to learn to survive in a world that is not friendly to them. Thank you to Macmillan Audio and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own.

Ron Rash is renowned for his writing about Appalachia, but his latest book, The Caretaker, begins ... At the tail end of 2015, Toby had all but given up on being in bands. Several years of singing for established acts such as Fastway, GUN and Dio’s Disciples had, despite the obvious rewards of touring the planet, convinced him that should there ever be an opportunity to make records and tour again it would have to be on his own terms, writing and performing original music.Bauer Media Group consists of : Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number 01176085; Bauer Radio Limited, Company number: 1394141

The way the three stories of women reclaiming their power intertwine and intersect is quite bewitching.

from the merch store

A promising debut…Hart links the three stories very cleverly in this entertaining read about witchcraft, maternal ties and the power of the natural world. Each character was uniquely created but I was especially drawn to Violet who’s family deemed her weird because of her love of all living things. Being in a similar position as a child, my dad once asked me “Where did you come from?” Three timelines of three Weyward women with similar stories, living in three different centuries and bound together by their innate connection to the natural world. Altha is awaiting trial for the murder of a local farmer who was stampeded to death by his herd. As a girl, Altha's mother taught her their magic, a kind not rooted in spell casting but in a deep knowledge of the natural world. But unusual women have always been deemed dangerous, and as the evidence for witchcraft is set out against Altha, she knows it will take all of her powers to maintain her freedom. In 1942, sixteen-year-old Violet Ayres leads a suffocating life in her home at Orton Hall where lives with her father and younger brother. She does not know much about her late mother except for what she overhears in hushed conversations among the household staff. She dreams of becoming a scientist, studying animals and traveling the world. But an unfortunate turn of events finds her cast out of her home, fending for herself alone in a cottage that once belonged to her mother.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment