276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alan Moore's Neonomicon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There was something good here, until Moore decided he was more interested in rape scenes and monster sex than in following through with the story's far more compelling setup. Over and over again for a week this detective gets raped pretty brutally until the point she barely can take it anymore and offers the fish creature a handjob to satisfy his needs for a minute. obviously Moore himself is not a racist or homophobe (if you doubt me, just read his works), so clearly this must be how he envisions the FBI. And they will be your guides leading you through a strange case about gruesome ritual murders made by different people, not related between each other, but they seemed to be inspired by the works of H. Last but not least, whilst we heartily recommend reading all three books consecutively, the experience of recently reading Moore’s magnum opus Jerusalem is also pertinent – because what Jerusalem taught us is that you can read Moore books and get something out of them – but when you re-read you’ll get more (Moore).

Brears and Lamper, two young and cocky FBI agents, investigate a fresh series of ritual murders somehow tied to the final undercover assignment of Aldo Sax -the once golden boy of the Bureau, now a convicted killer and inmate of a maximum security prison. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels, some of which have been released on CD. and the dialogue by the cheerful rapists is rather brilliant: banal, chatty, blasé, even friendly and supportive at times - all of that contributes powerfully to the pure horror of the situation.They’re beyond punk or Goth, singing songs that starts in freeform descriptions of violence and swerve part way through a (very long) song into a string of alien names which we know (because we’ve read Lovecraft) but the agent doesn’t are names of entities in the Chulthu myth. It is dark gem, worth a read for the art and ideas expressed within, but it IS a unpleasant, torrid tale, that makes one feel unclean and uncomfortable afterward. Maybe the faces could do with a bit more variety but I thought that Jacen Burrows did a very credible job, especially with some of the more unearthly characters. If the tedious investigation that takes up most of the book, along with the dreadful dialogue and idiotic characters didn’t make me dislike the comic, the repeated rape of one of the characters and the excessive full frontal nudity did it. It is extremely graphic and the naked cultists are not hot either so gear up if you’re going to read this!

The way the female agent acted and talked during the horrifying acts she was subjected to was goofy enough to take me totally out of it. Neonomicon is a four-issue comic book limited series written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Jacen Burrows, [1] [2] published by American company Avatar Press in 2010. Moore talked about the genesis of the project in an interview with Wired magazine: "It was just at the time when I finally parted company with DC Comics over something dreadful that happened around the Watchmen film [. Probably best not to read the blurb on the back cover as it does give away the plot of the Courtyard.Speaking of amateurish, the FBI in this book are the most incompetent I’ve ever seen depicted in pop culture. A female character is raped during an orgy of cultists and then raped again, repeatedly, by an inhuman monster with an insatiable sexual appetite.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment