276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Camellia Bees Leather Rose Gift for her/him on Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Third Years Wedding, 3rd Anniversary (Red)

£26.215£52.43Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This month enjoy an exclusive video tutorial + template on large stylised fabric feathers, which can be used for trimming hats and headpieces. and an English multipetal rose in deep aubergine hue. The latter one was experimental and I am pleased with the result. When I get hold of more very thin gloving leather I will make more of it in other colours. I successfully use spray starch (the one that is used for starching shirt collars) for stiffening such delicate fabrics like velvet and lace. Just spray the wrong side of your chosen fabric until it is well saturated and let it dry completely on a flat surface before using it. Meanwhile I would like to share a chapter from the book with you today. This chapter talks about different ways of stiffening fabric before cutting out parts of flowers from it. I have included a number of recipes to try and test. You can add a leather butterfly on one of the flowers if you wish. I am explaining in detail how to make small leather butterflies like this one in the Leather Hydrangea flower Tutorial.

Using the template provided trace as many violet flowers as you need for your project. Here I am using 15-20 flowers. On darker coloured leathers it is helpful to use an acrylic pen in white or silver. Stems are part of the design in my brooch so it is important to make them look nicely finished. Prepare the stems for all your violets in this way. Take 2-3 petals and arrange them into a loose cup shape, overlapping their edges slightly. Attach them together using a dab of fabric glue (or hot glue) in the center. This will be your base or ‘bud’. It’s okay if it looks a bit messy at this stage – the more natural, the better! But make sure the petals are securely attached to each other. Step 5: Layering the Petals If you have made a flower with the help of our previous tutorial on WILD LEATHER ROSE or the LEATHER POMPOM ROSE you should try this one. Otherwise try a simpler rose or other flower first (our Leather Poppy Tutorial is great to start with) before moving to this more complicated design. Prepare the stiffening solution. If you have never done it, read this blog post on how to do it. Place all the flowers into the stiffening solution and let them saturate well.

Another option is to use wallpaper paste as sizing. Following the manufacturers instructions mix some wallpaper paste with water. Apply to a flat piece of fabric with a brush or a sponge and then hang it up to dry.

Once you have traced the flowers, cut the leather roughly to separate the flowers first. Using the dotted lines in the template as a guide make deeper cuts between the petals as shown in the photo. This will help with shaping later. The step-by-step detailed tutorial explains how to create an English rose corsage from scratch with the use of millinery tools. I started with chrysanthemums and have created this rusty orange open chrysanthemum corsage made of thin leather. These dainty flowers come in all shades of purple/ violet as well as pink and white. Experiment with the colour, size and finish and create pieces that are uniquely yours 💜In conclusion, making a leather rose can be a fun and creative way to add a unique touch to accessories, decorations, or even gifts. Working with leather is easy and straightforward–all you need are the right materials, an understanding of the craftsmanship involved, and patience as you piece it all together. A2: While some basic tools like scissors and fabric glue are necessary, you can also use a heat gun or embossing tool to add more depth and texture to your rose. However, these tools are not essential and can be substituted with household items like a hairdryer or pencil. Q3: How Do I Store My Leather Rose?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment