276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Goddess: The Secret Lives Of Marilyn Monroe

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Apollo: That makes no sense whatsoever. I know Guinevere cheated on Arthur, but the fact she loved both men was one of the saddest parts about the whole triangle. Besides the fact that she became a nun at the end of the movie. I knew nothing of Marilyn Monroe other than the wild speculation surrounding her death, her singing Happy Birthday to President Kennedy and standing over a grate with her dress blowing up. While I don't believe most of what's written in this book but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. And that doesn't mean that I don't find certain things in this book to be very very likely the truth. The gods nod their heads because everyone knows there's no one more powerful than Batman even though he's just a regular man with no superpowers).

Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton:This one’s for all the yogi’s in the house – and even for those like me who flail about on the mat and hope you’re doing it right! This lush text by Sally Kempton pays homage to the Hindu Goddesses and the sacred feminine principle of Shakti. Sally brings you close to the heart and inspiration of Kali Ma, Lakshmi, Radha and many other Hindu Goddesses in a beautiful read. She was dogged by Hollywood, but I think that in any life she led, this was a woman whose personality was so frail that she might well have come to a dusty end, even if she had an ordinary — what we call ordinary — civilian life. The pressures of it all, and the pressures on her as someone created as a model for sexual femininity that doesn’t really exist, were just almost impossible for her to survive. The person at the till told me that as a self confessed Marilyn obsessive this was the best book about her he had ever read. I like to think that, probably, I’ve given readers the most accurate picture of Marilyn as a woman and of the mysteries that have surrounded her end that is possible. Her choices were compulsive, anyone who showed her attention or compassion in at small way was something she latched onto like a drowning woman in the middle of the ocean.Coming to the other characters. Orions story was finally revealed and it was heart-breaking. This guy deserved so much more! She always said she just wanted to be loved, but perhaps she never really knew what that word meant. When I read this I had the feeling that she felt alienated from everything and everyone around her, trying desperately, to find some sort of common thread, no matter how tattered, thin, or tenuious it might have been.

Graves admitted he was not a medieval historian, but a poet, and thus based his work on the premise that the On to the possession part of the story. Which frankly might have been the worst part of the whole book. When the scene happens all of the friends see this terrible thing happening to their friend, but then go on to deny that their friend is possessed. Then when they finally realize she is, they just take her out clubbing instead of ya know, helping their friend get rid of the goddess. In post- Mycenaean times the city, especially its citadel, replaced the palace as Athena’s domain. She was widely worshipped, but in modern times she is associated primarily with Athens, to which she gave her name. Her emergence there as city goddess, Athena Polias (“Athena, Guardian of the City”), accompanied the ancient city-state’s transition from monarchy to democracy. She was associated with birds, particularly the owl, which became famous as the city’s own symbol, and with the snake. Her birth and her contest with Poseidon, the sea god, for the suzerainty of the city were depicted on the pediments of the Parthenon, and the great festival of the Panathenaea, in July, was a celebration of her birthday. She was also worshipped in many other cities, notably in Sparta. Athena: And I bowed down to that ignoramus. Not to mention that Apollo was depicted as a murderer/rapist, Hades was depicted as a Helen fan girl, the vast majority of Olympians are not even mentioned. The only ones who were depicted as being reasonably decent were Helen of Troy, Paris, and freaking Aphrodite. Goddess Wisdom by Tanishka the Moon Woman:I have only recently found the work of Tanishka and in truth I enjoyed this book a great deal more than I thought I would. I am not sure why I was initially not drawn to it, but Tanishka writes in a really easy and practical way that really helps to bring collective ancient Goddess teachings into the modern day. A lovely beginners book on the Goddess and one that I think is a must for anyone exploring their Divinity.Athena: No. Because you weren't in it. Oddly. I mean, everyone even minor gods, the fates, those stupid Trojans, even King Arthur.... The Gods are unleashed, the war is coming closer, the Tyrant is amoung the friends and Helen discovers more and more skills she shouldn't have. There was a noticeable difference during work, I was struggling less in the afternoon slumps and had sustained energy to get through the day without relying heavily on caffeine or a sugar hit to keep me going. Over time, I found myself craving less sugar in general and my mood was more balanced. Jailbreaking the Goddess by Lasara Firefox Allen:When I read the blurb for Jailbreaking the Goddess I couldn’t buy it fast enough. Anything that brings a fresh and and even revolutionary perspective to the Divine Feminine I feel is a great thing. Lasara has taken the Maiden, Mother, Crone archetypal life stages, (which are tied to biology and the physical life stages of a woman), and shares her five stage model of life encompassing beginnings, potential, creation, mastery, and wisdom. The reproductive connection to women’s life stages is diminished in a way that is incredibly refreshing, feminist and likely to be a lot more relevant and appealing to many women today. I love how Lasara talks about which Goddesses are most relevant at each stage of her model of life too. Aphrodite: Oh, but that's where you're wrong father. The power of love wins nothing can destroy it. It wins in the end.

Some other remarkable characters were doubtlessly Matt and Daphne. Seriously, thanks to these two there were some really unexpected turning points that killed me. To escape an arranged, and possibly incestuous, marriage, Kore - repressed daughter of Zeus - escapes to the pits of hell. But seeking sanctuary with Hades - God of the Underworld - has unforeseen consequences and Kore discovers not only an unlikely alliance, but becomes the great Persephone, chaos bringer. Anthony Summers thoroughly investigated all the conflicting facts in the historical record (or, more accurately, what remains undestroyed from the historical record) to piece together a highly probable and compelling account of Marilyn's last day alive (including the vile involvement of RFK). Athena: Seriously, am I the only one with a brain. Dear brother, who was the only one of us to not get a dissed on in the books?Hector. He was awesome as usual. I always had a soft spot for him, though in the beginning I was skeptical of him. But he turned out to be badass. His loyalty to his family and helping Helen discover her powers and how to use them was amazing. He would do anything for those he loved. And God, I gotta say I lost it at one point. Some things happened and well I won't spoil it but he scared me. I was so happy to be in his presence. Across the four-week program, I noticed a big difference in my energy levels, mood and sugar cravings. I think this book is a must read for Monroe obsessive. Even if I think it's a just conspiracy theory the events written about in this book are an important part of the Marilyn Monroe myth and legend. At the beginning of the documentary, you talk about your 650 interviews, and you say, “I hope I’ve not got obsessed.” Do you think you did, though?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment