276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dragon Tarot: Includes a full deck of 78 specially commissioned tarot cards and a 64-page illustrated book

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the Dragonland, you can almost reach out and touch the scaly skin of these wondrous creature, to pull yourself up on their backs and ride off with them into a fantastic world of imagination, myth and magic.

Even those who are fortunate enough to have not played the game during their adolescent immaturity, can still relate to the imagery. The artist is Peter Pracownik, a leading fantasy artist, well known throughout the world for his art, album covers and even t-shirts. There is a small dragon instead of a dog in the Fool; the Magician wears a dragon head-dress and has the emblem of the creature on all his tools; tiny baby dragons hatch at the feet of the Empress and are carved into the arms of her throne; the Hanged Man is dangled from the tongue of a dragon; and Death rides a grey dragon. This is the spirit in which dragons inspire this tarot – tarot also operates by laws that are slightly beyond our conscious grasp, lifting the veil on the spiritual undercurrent of the worlds we inhabit.Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Behind the unfriendly tales in which the dragon serves largely as a test of valour for passing knights-errant lies an esoteric tradition of the beast embodying forces of nature that we barely understand. The cards have rounded corners and a small, slightly rough tab on each side of, where I presume it was detached from the sheet after printing. If you like dragons, you will most likely connect with this deck and may keep it as your personal deck. The Major Arcana are presented with its Astrological correspondances by the addition of glyphs in boxes on the lower right hand corner of the cards.

We have approached the symbol of the Dragon not as an adversary to humankind, but rather as a challenge for us to discover our own boundaries, and think about going beyond them. I haven't had an issue with any cards separating and I'm using these generally twice a week or more. Fifty percent of the beauty of working with the Tarot is to be realized through your own personal meditations on the symbols; the other fifty percent is achieved through using the cards in readings for others. They have a pattern like blue dragon scales, and a diamond design in the centre with a mirrored dragon. So I took a look at each of them, and I saw why they were highly suggested, but the pictures didn't seem to mean anything to me.In Mastering the Tarot, we show you ways in which you can actually put the cards together to use in readings. The back of the book details the story of Dragons from earliest known myth, to modern Fantasy and Science Fiction. Alot of them make comments about how great the artwork is, and want me to show them each and every card. Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable).

This radiant deck brings together the magic and myth from cultures as diverse as ancient Babylon, Egypt, and China, to the legends of King Arthur, St. This traditional 78-card deck contains fire-breathing dragons, winged dragons of the air, sea serpents and earth dwellers who will reveal to you the secrets of the past, the possibilities of the present and all the potential of the future. This is the spirit in which dragons inspire this tarot - tarot also operates by laws that are slightly beyond our conscious grasp, lifting the veil on the spiritual undercurrent of the worlds we inhabit. The whole deck soon becomes a journey through Dragonland, and is left up to the reader exactly how far they go with it. Perhaps somewhere in the mists of time it describes a place not too different from where we as a race of beings do come from.His books include those on angels, werewolves, fairies, vampires, witches and unicorns, and he is the author of CICO's Fallen Angel Oracle Cards. The capture all the symbolism of traditional tarot decks, but they also contain a draconic twist that is sometimes a bit funny (in particular, the Hanging Dragon card!

Fantastical artist Peter Pracownik illustrated the mystical Dragon Tarot deck with colorful beasts inspired by legends in dragon mythology from many different cultures over many centuries. This may be one of the better rendered decks out there, however one has to step back and admire the simplicity of its cliche imagery.

Dragon Tarot draws upon the rich imagery of dragons in all their historical and mythological sources. His books include those on angels, werewolves, fairies, vampires, witches and unicorns, and he has published a bestselling deck of tarot cards, The Dragon Tarot (CICO, 2005; reissued 2008).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment