276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Agathas: ‘Part Agatha Christie, part Veronica Mars, and completely entertaining.’ Karen M. McManus

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They form an unlikely friendship centered around one event (the 'big' mystery), but each has their own motivations to solve the alleged crime. It’s smart, it’s twisty, it’s layered, and it’s not predictable…Ihighly recommend this engrossing read and already need to see what mystery Iris and Alice will tackle next. Full of witty writing, banter, and adventure…readers will delight at the girls’ creative ways of drawing upon Agatha Christie to solve Castle Cove’s biggest head-scratcher of all time.

The Agathas (An Agathas Mystery Book 1) Kindle Edition

Because now, another one of Steve’s girlfriends has vanished: Brooke Donovan, Alice’s ex–best friend. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. But it’s their slow progression into a true friendship that forms the actual foundation of this plot. Their individual reasons start to really come out small piece by small piece for the readers and characters alike.

Though evidently all White, the students at Castle Cove High are split between fabulously wealthy A-listers and working-class kids; as events speed along to a surprise denouement (albeit not in a drawing room) with a violent but decisive resolution, class tensions play out, sometimes viciously, between the protagonists as they warily circle one another on the way to a firm bond. Without these cookies, we won't know if you have any performance-related issues that we may be able to address. Seething at the oddly lackadaisical response of local police to the disappearance of her former BFF on Halloween, 17-year-old Agatha Christie fan Alice Ogilvie enlists Iris Adams, her peer tutor, to launch an inquiry that not only bears immediate fruit in the form of a battered corpse at the base of nearby seaside cliffs, but leads to a veritable flood of obvious but conflicting clues and revelations that point to, and away from, foul play. With all the twists and turns of a classic Agatha Christie novel, told through a delightful and engaging contemporary lens, The Agathas is impossible not to devour. Iris has her own reasons for wanting to disappear, though unlike Alice, she doesn’t have the money or the means.

Agathas, London - Tripadvisor THE 10 BEST Things to Do Near Agathas, London - Tripadvisor

Not gonna lie, I know the first book seems to be setting up some later romantic stories for each of the girls, but I think they actually suit each other better, they're very adorable together. Kathleen Glasgow is the New York Times bestselling author of Girl in Pieces and How to Make Friends with the Dark and has been published in 26 countries. The dangerous city of Ketterdam is governed by the Merchant Council, but in reality, large sectors of the city are given over to gangs who run the gambling dens and brothels. Then I kept paging through the list for a few more pages and my options didn't seem to be getting any better, so I picked this book as the least objectionable. But the town of Castle Cove holds many secrets, and Alice and Iris have no idea how much danger they’re about to walk into.Kathleen Glasgow is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of Girl in Pieces, You'd Be Home Now, How to Make Friends With the Dark, and The Agathas series (with Liz Lawson). I confess, it took me a minute (or three) to get into this book but when I saw that my friend has read AND ENJOYED it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment