276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gale's Lemon Curd, 410g

£2.75£5.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My children tasted it for the first time and loved it too, on bread after school. Very nice change from jam and honey, and more convenient to spread.

With a drizzle of Gale’s you’re away. In that single moment a warm glow takes over, allowing your mind to wonder. Simple never tasted so good!

Product reviews

The wrapping was one of the first plastic bagtypes, which eventually almost replaced wax paper) Blue Band Margarine Finally, if you have very young children, even if they haven’t done anything else they should be able to help fill the cases with the lemon curd. What else can you make with lemon curd? In 1964, when owned by Joseph Farrow, it promoted the idea of stirring some of its honey into hot milk for a nightcap, or to help a sore throat by putting honey into hot water with some lemon juice. In the 1960s the account was handled by JWT.

Child trying to fit Cadbury’s chocolate fingers between his own fingers bites the end off to make it fit]: Very disappointing. Perhaps if you haven't had lemon curd before, or are stirring it into a dessert, it would be OK. For spreading on toast, it's not. I love lemon curd, but this was a poor imitation, and when you look at the list of ingredients, you understand why. Glucose syrup, palm oil, maize starch... Do yourself a favour and spend a bit extra for Waitrose or Wilkin Sons. Far tastier, smoother, lemony and delicious. Good lemon curd is a real treat and is worth the extra. Normally I hide my jar of lemon curd from my kids, but this time I gave it to them and they didn't finish it. As we're also using the peel of the lemons, I recommend buying them organic if you can. Otherwise, look for unwaxed lemons and wash them really well before zesting. Gales Lemon Curd is great for baking as well as making the perfect sweet tasting sandwich filler. This lemon curd is light and full of flavour, with a lovely smooth consistency. Measure the butter then get your kids to chop the butter into small pieces. Add it to your mixing bowl.

Find the complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Grainy and not very nice, I threw mine away, the Wilkin & Sons is more expensive but a far superior product. If you want you can use some left over pastry to cut out smaller circles (or other shapes) to put on top of your tarts. Bake the lemon curd tarts We used buttery homemade shortcrust pastry in these lemon curd tarts. You can save time by using shop bought pastry but if you have the time, homemade shortcrust pastry is much nicer and really isn’t difficult to make so definitely worth the effort. How can kids help to make lemon curd tarts?

Featuring Victor Spinetti as “The Mad Jaffa Cake Eater”, a t urbaned character who rode a bicycle and stole and ate other people’s Jaffa Cakes Using your fingers, rub the flour and butter together until it looks like breadcrumbs. My kids always enjoy this as they get to get their hands a bit messy. These are a great, easy bake for children to enjoy making. There are three different stages to the recipe – making the pastry, rolling and cutting the tart cases, then filling them – so even if your kids don’t help with everything there should be something they can do. Got two pots of these and they are all gone. Too many ways to use them. I find it a little overly sweet but it is nicely tangy and the texture is really pleasant. Keep refrigerated once pot is open. I like it on toast, in yogurt, on ice cream, I also use it to fill homemade doughnuts and pastries. I even brush it on salmon before baking it into the oven for a sweet and savoury glaze: 2 heaped TBSP of curd, 1 TBSP of oil stir then brush on salmon before wrapping in greaseproof paper and baking in a hot oven. Place the saucepan on medium-high heat, to get the ingredients simmering. Then turn down to medium heat and cook out the curd for 10-12 minutes. Make sure you continue to stir the curd throughout the cooking process to prevent it from burning to the saucepan.

Jacobs Twiglets 6 Pack

A jingle used to advertise the honey was: Gale's, Gale's pass the honey please, think about the honey, think about the bees. This lemon curd is very pleasant and it can be enjoyed spread on hot buttered toast, crusty fresh bread or as a filling to sandwich a lemon sponge together. A light dusting of icing sugar over top and you have a cake to proudly serve to your friends and family. Glad to see that I can buy this product from BCS. Put the tarts in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. They’re ready when the pastry has turned a nice golden brown colour. I haven't tried the other brands on here so I went for the cheapest and it turned out to be so good I haven't changed since. Almost impossible to find lemon curd in Italy. When it comes to lemon curd recipes, you need to use freshly squeezed lemons and lemon zest. There's just no other way about it! Trust me, you will tell the difference from a mile, store-bought juice just does not cut it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment