276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Silver in the Bone: Book 1

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tamsin and Cabell’s relationship drastically changes once Tamsin begins to question her judgment on what’s best for Cabell and Cabell trying not to feel like a burden or a cruel puzzle to solve. I can tell you that to me, you’ve always felt like spring. Like possibility. I admire you, and respect you, and I want to be near you as long as I can. As long as you’ll let me be.” I also found the world quite hard to be enveloped in...I was looking for that completely immersed feeling, and I didn’t get it. Trust comes deeply through this novel. As the story progresses Tamsin has to work together with her arch-rival, Emrys, who is known for his infamous Cunningfolk father, so it seems ‘obvious’ that he would follow in his father’s footsteps. However, despite their differences, they both have one goal which is to find the famous ring. Neve and Emrys

Silver in the Bone by Alexandra Bracken | Waterstones

Los personajes me han encantado, si la trama ya de por sí es increíble, no quiero destapar mucho más a parte de lo que os he contado porque prefiero que vayáis sabiendo que os va a enganchar y poco más, y es que este libro puedo decir que tiene un equilibrio perfecto entre trama y personajes. Their relationship didn’t feel like it built at all, and just jumped from “i tolerate you” to “oh goodness we’re hiding together in a very small space AHHHH touching”

Become a Member

Simmering with magic, peril, romance, and heartbreak." —Leigh Bardugo, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Shadow and Bone As a human with no magic, she never thought she’d be breaking into crypts and fighting sorceresses. Special thanks to NetGalley and Random House Children’s/ Knopf Books for Young Readers for providing me with a copy of the book. All thoughts are my own.

Silver in the Bone series — Author Alexandra Bracken

Los protagonistas son saqueadores de tumbas de hechiceras, buscan reliquias y las venden; ellos pertenecen a un selecto grupo de saqueadores que tienen un don para ver las cosas mágicas que hay en el mundo, solo unas pocas personas lo tienen.A harrowing and heart-rending adventure about finding the courage to not be controlled by fear.”—J. Elle, New York Times bestselling author of Wings of Ebony One character who doesn’t get much limelight but is still important is Neve. I enjoyed Neve’s character and connection with Tamsin because she is good-natured and willing to open up. Upon joining Tamsin, Emrys, and Cabell on their quest, she brings out open-mindedness and helps Tamsin get out of her shell. Many questions are unanswered and people to stay wary of, but she sets the goal to study up and find her inner power all while facing the unknown. Balances horror and heartbreak with humor and tenderness. Heady romance blooms between Tam and Emrys, but it’s pessimistic Tam’s rewarding journey toward hope, trust, and self-acceptance that serves as the story’s heart.”— Publishers Weekly

Silver in the Bone by Alexandra Bracken - Goodreads Editions of Silver in the Bone by Alexandra Bracken - Goodreads

This book has a lot of Arthurian references. I get that the author loves mythology and she really wanted to immerse us into the experience of the Arthurian legends, but I have to say this: they weren't really that well explained. I feel as if some descriptions are told too fast, and some other are too long without really explaining anything (the action scenes feel like this too). I didn't like to feel that lost, and the author kept adding more and more elements without explaining them well. As a result, I felt very lost at some points of the story, and I really have some moments I never got to understand. Tamsin Lark has always been a Hollower, a treasure hunter, and when rumours swirl about a powerful ring from Arthurian legend that can break her brother's curse, she embarks on her deadliest hunt yet. Ten years later, rumors are swirling that her guardian found a powerful ring from Arthurian legend just before he vanished. A run-in with her rival Emrys ignites Tamsin’s hope that the ring could free Cabell from a curse that threatens both of them. But they aren’t the only ones who covet the ring.However, A LOT of people want this ring, so she works with her rival/person she dislikes but has liked her the entire time 🤭🤭 this is shown in the quote: When I got to the end, I let out an audible gasp. I couldn’t believe it was over!! The cliffhanger!! I need more answers!! I am a huge fan of fantasy and romance. This was more adventure and mystery than romance, but I was drawn to the nuances of the enemies-to-lovers trope. What stood out to me that was devastatingly strong was Tamsin and Cabell’s relationship as orphaned siblings. They were under the ‘care’ of a guardian who is a treasure thief. Although their bond is strong through troubled times, it is obvious how they’ve become different as their vulnerability shows throughout the novel. Tamsin often frustrated me with her stubbornness and unwillingness to change. She makes so many bad decisions, and she pushes away all of the people that try to help and support her. Sometimes, she is her own worst enemy, and I wanted to shake her. I understand how events and trauma from her past affected how she is now, and she showed growth by the end of the story. I think her relationships and what she experienced in this story will affect her and change her in the next. And I’m dying to find out about some of the other characters. There were several jaw-dropping things that happened, and I need answers!!!

Silver in the Bone: Book 1 - Booktopia Silver in the Bone: Book 1 - Booktopia

Let me just say that I am BLOWN AWAY and screaming crying dying for the second book ASAP. Literal tears were falling down my cheeks in rage and misery by the end of this book (I may have gotten a wee bit attached to a character or two… whoops). And maybe I’m being dramatic, but I certainly adored this book.

Did we miss something on diversity?

I will say that if you're looking for this book to be really invested in the Arthurian side of things, it's not really that much - yes a lot of it takes place in Avalon, and King Arthur's death is used as one of the main plot devices, but it's not a retelling or really used the Arthurian mythology a whole lot, which I was expecting it to do. I'm guessing the actual mythology will become more involved with the story as the series goes on, but I would've expected more in this first book. Synopsis: Tamsin Lark didn’t ask to be a Hollower. As a mortal with no magical talent, she was never meant to break into ancient crypts, or compete with sorceresses and Cunningfolk for the treasures inside. But after her thieving foster father disappeared without so much as a goodbye, it was the only way to keep herself—and her brother, Cabell—alive. Born without a trace of magic, Tamsin Lark is no match for the sorceresses and Hollowers who populate the magical underground of Boston. But when the only parent she’s ever known disappears without so much as a goodbye, she has no choice but to join in their cutthroat pursuit of enchanted relics to keep herself—and her brother, Cabell—alive. Join a deadly hunt fuelled by love, revenge and pure adrenaline to find a legendary ring and break the curse.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment