276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dell S2522HG 24.5 inch Full HD (1920x1080) Gaming Monitor, 240Hz, IPS, 1ms, AMD FreeSync Premium, NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible, DisplayPort, 2x HDMI, 5x USB, 3 Year Warranty

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Moving on, the Dell S2522HG has a rapid 1ms GtG (gray to gray pixel transition) response time speed with three overdrive modes: Fast, Super Fast and Extreme. Gamma is way off? Although I can’t understand what he’s saying, maybe you’d know or can infer more from the graph. However, this isn’t a big deal because the HDR support on those monitors is meaningless anyway as they don’t support a wide color gamut, local dimming or high enough brightness/contrast for a noteworthy HDR viewing experience.

If I’m not mistaken those games were all tested with ‘Ultra’ settings or equivalent? It would be possible to boost FPS a fair bit by making sensible adjustments to the graphics settings. Hardware Unboxed (TechPowerUp’s YouTube side) recently published some videos stating how it rarely makes sense to run everything at ‘Ultra’ as the performance hit is usually unacceptable for the negligible boost in image quality. Obviously it makes sense for benchmarking, but that’s a separate issue. In my experience with 240Hz monitors (and as an owner of an FI27Q-X and RTX 3090), though, I definitely don’t find the boost up from 144Hz to 240Hz anywhere near as noticeable or useful as from 60Hz to 144Hz. And certainly not for single player or casual multiplayer gaming, where I don’t think it makes sense to sacrifice visuals too heavily if you’re already ~120-144fps anyway. For competitive gaming I can certainly appreciate a further boost in frame and refresh rate, though that’s quite subjective and I consider myself on the sensitive side when it comes to motion performance. Response time performance on both was good enough. Well I can’t test VRR yet so it’s hard to know how that behaves lower down. While the other 1080p 240Hz IPS models support HDR and have VESA’s DisplayHDR 400 certification, the Dell S2522HG does not. Input lag is imperceptible at around 4ms, so you won’t be able to notice any delay between your actions and the result on the screen. FeaturesYeah strobing can be cause eye strains or headaches, from my experience your eyes get used to it after some time and these kind of downsides eventually disappear (strobing brightness also plays a huge role in this). I did video pursuit tests at 50hz fast, 60 fast, 120 fast, 120 super fast, 144 fast, 144 super fast, 240 fast, 240 super fast, and 240 extreme –

Input lag might be slightly higher on the Dell if forcing 60hz. I don’t have equipment to test this with precision. It’s going to be under 1 frame of difference for sure, so it’s perceptibly likely noticeable. Unlike most 240Hz models, the Dell S2522HG doesn’t offer MBR (Motion Blur Reduction) and HDR (High Dynamic Range) support. Is this something you wouldn’t be using anyway or a big omission on Dell’s part? Let’s find out! Image Quality It’s a shame the video doesn’t have autogenerated translated subtitles. Based on the graph the grey line deviates massively from the yellow line – it shows gamma is much too high in most regions, though it seems to crossover so it’s slightly too low for some dark shades. That would make some shades appear too deep and dull, whilst some dark shades are brighter than intended – the overall look that gives would certainly be unbalanced and could mean some shades just don’t stand out in the way they should whilst others just look ‘off’. IIt certainly sounds like a bit of a mixed bag overall and it’s a shame that contrast does seem to be a weakness as well as that gamma curve.To take advantage of 240Hz, you’ll need to be able to maintain a high enough frame rate – ideally 240FPS, but anything north of 144FPS is good. We feel that you should be able to maintain at least ~180FPS to feel a boost from 144Hz/FPS.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment