276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gwendy's Magic Feather

£10.28£20.56Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The world created in the Gwendy-verse feels too real at times, bringing its own amount of horror with that realness.

Gwendy Trilogy (Boxed Set) | Book by Stephen King The Gwendy Trilogy (Boxed Set) | Book by Stephen King

The next book Gwendy’s Final Task, possibly the comclusion to the Gwendy Series, is co-authored by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar, and comes out on February 15 th, 2022. There are thousands of years of stories based around good and not-so-good people being given choices with consequences and rewards that weigh on the conscience, the humanity. We can see the Washington meetings. We can smell the unknown plots lurking in some of the politicians’ shadows. Where is the man who said she would never see the Button Box again? Where was the bearer of the blessing and/or curse? Where was Richard Farris?

The Button Box is its own character that crashes on the story and never lets up.

In Gwendy’s Button Box, twelve-year-old Gwendy Peterson’s life is forever changed when she is given a mysterious wooden box by a stranger for safekeeping. It offers enticing treats and vintage coins, but he warns her that if she presses any of the box’s beautifully colored buttons, death and destruction will follow. Gwendy is like no character I know of and her stories are a great example of contemporary speculative fiction that delves its own niche far into the realms of fiction. Still, when Gwendy gets a kind of shine to her and she can read into the memories of someone she touches, the psychopath behind the missing girls is spotted, as is a crushed felt hat amidst the darkness in the Maine snow.

The Button Box Series by Stephen King - Goodreads The Button Box Series by Stephen King - Goodreads

Now examine the character of a person who, despite being told her caretaking of the Button Box has rewards, is savvy enough to believe that there is a cost too and so she does not abuse the power she inherits. Richard Chizmar brilliantly grows Gwendy’s story arc. And come the end the reader is left wanting to follow along with her as her odyssey continues. Let’s examine the book’s editions! The complete collection of the New York Times bestselling trilogy from Stephen King and Richard Chizmar! Why you should buy this: I’m going to say this for those on the fence – this isn’t glorified fan fiction. Far from it. King’s fingers are all over this, so if that’s a reason to keep you from taking the plunge, it’s time to put that to bed. The first book in the series is Gwendy’s Button Box, co-authored by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar, and if you have NOT read Gwendy’s Button Box, STOP HERE and go read that novella now! Not later. I do not care what format, reading is reading with it be via hologram, audiobook, or good old-fashioned paper, made from trees, that smells nice. Here is a SPOILER WARNING** for the Preceding Book, Gwendy’s Button Box.

Table of Contents

We feel for Gwendy as guilt clouds her mind and her strong demureness is rattled by the uncertainty of what she has done in her life – did she act because she wanted to or what things did she do that may have just as a result of holding the talisman, the Button Box. I honestly wasn’t sure if I was ever going to read this when it was first announced, and I know I’m not alone in thinking that. It wasn’t a negative towards Mr. Chizmar, who has always been very kind to me, and it wasn’t a negative towards the book itself. Gwendy speaks with a stranger, a man with a felt hat, at age 12 who asks her to guard a precious object. She does not lose her sense of self, even as she doubts her past, present, and future deeds, which is admirable.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment