276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have a partner with BPD and whilst no two cases of this illness are the same it has given me some deeper understanding of what he must go through on a daily basis. I wish he’d covered why BPD is now considered a pejorative term (outdated and often catch all for people who have had trauma, they often don’t get well or the help they need because they’re judged as narcissistic, unstable/unable to get better, it’s not a coincidence that most people with BPD are AFAB); I don’t love that he talks about going off all medication…meds saved my life and through most of my 30s I didn’t want to be on them…I fear his story will encourage people to do the same. As the 29-year old accountant, wife, and mother of young children would soon discover, it was the diagnosis that finally explained her explosive anger, manipulative behaviors, and self-destructive episodes- including bouts of anorexia, substance abuse, and sexual promiscuity.

Joe Tracini shares What is borderline personality disorder? Joe Tracini shares

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister's recent death. Been reading this book for a while now - got it shortly after it was published and raced through the first half. Veterans and their families deal with the painful aftermath of combat; one in five Americans has been molested; one in four grew up with alcoholics; one in three couples have engaged in physical violence. Joe Tracini manages to tell the story of someone (himself) who is fighting to survive on a daily basis without it ever becoming self-pitying or depressing (although, obviously, the book deals with topics such as mental illness, addiction, self-harm, and drug abuse, among others).Sure thing, we don’t experience BPD’s symptoms the same way, it’s different for everyone but i still could relate on so many things written by Joe. Toda noite ficava animada pra ler mais do livro e descobrir o que mais eu e o Joe tínhamos em comum.

BBC Radio 2 - Schedules, Saturday 20 May 2023 BBC Radio 2 - Schedules, Saturday 20 May 2023

Most people with BPD are undiagnosed as it takes a pretty serious crash to sit up and think: hey, something’s not quite right here. Back in the day of his old hollyoaks videos who knew the pain and trauma going on behind his eyes and these days even on the worst of days Joe has kept me going in ways he can never imagine and I hope he knows how his honesty over his condition helps so many people every day and his amazing dance videos gave us all something to hold onto during lockdown. He also tells us about his journey to find what works for him, and his perseverance (and slip ups) as he found out what didn’t work for him too. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file. In The Body Keeps the Score, he uses recent scientific advances to show how trauma literally reshapes both body and brain, compromising sufferers’ capacities for pleasure, engagement, self-control, and trust.His message is that we don’t want yet another book which says: "my life used to be shit but now it’s great and you can do it too! David Mitchell, who you may know for his inappropriate anger on every TV panel show except Never Mind the Buzzcocks, his look of permanent discomfort on C4 sex comedy Peep Show, his online commenter-baiting in The Observer or just for wearing a stick-on moustache in That Mitchell and Webb Look, has written a book about his life. It doesn't just make an argument for honesty, it makes one for kindness and understanding (without ever taking them for granted). Now, Todd has written an open, honest, and hilarious memoir in an effort to help everyone - young and old, gay and straight - breathe a little more freely.

Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times

The following year, having started his studies at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, he went on to perform in a number of their in-house productions including A Chorus Line and Sexual Perversity in Chicago, as well as a tour version of Richard III, in which he portrayed the title character.I’ll start by saying that this book is a very heavy read, and as Joe points out, if you’re not ready to read this book or easily triggered then please don’t read it. But in the midst of early sobriety, when no longer able to anesthetize her pain and anxiety, she realized that she was actually the lucky one. His theatre credits include Spamalot, starring in the role of Patsy during a touring version of the production in 2015.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment