276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Inadequate Heir (The Bridge Kingdom Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While I understand that Danielle wanted the book to run parallel to the Traitor Queen it really didn’t do the story any favors because basically we were rereading the same story and I mean the EXACT SAME STORY with actual conversation that went down in the exact same way as they did in TTQ but then from different points of view. You can basically say that TTQ was a spoiler for this entire book which..yeah.. that ain’t it though. At least not for me. Coming on to Zarrah, she's full of grace, honour, loyalty and such a badass. It's really hard not to love her. She carries herself with integrity and it's genuinely so good to read. Also, she's a romantic at heart.

I absolutely loved both of them. Zarrah is such a badass warrior, general of Valcotta and a strong woman. Keris, heir apparent to Maridrina, likes books more than swords and is more a man of logic and intelligence then fist fights. The plot is stretched, the dialogues are pathetic ... the only bright spots are the King and Queen of Ithicana. Zarrah and Keris fell for each other knowing well that their love is their damnation. If someone caught an whiff of their affair, they've would've died a painful death. Yet a chance encounter with an anonymous, and handsome, Maridrinian causes Zarrah to question whether the violence she’s perpetrated is justice or a crime. And as she continues to meet the nameless man each night, she finds common ground - and fiery passion - in his arms.

Bookish Box Exclusive Hardcover Edition

Yet a chance encounter with an anonymous, and handsome, Maridrinian causes Zarrah to question whether the violence she’s perpetrated is justice or a crime. And as she continues to meet the nameless man each night, she finds common ground—and fiery passion–in his arms. Anyways, all in all the whole book was incredibly boring. I look forward to the next book because while this one was entirely about Zarrah’s captivity and Kerris’s attempt to save her, the next book will be about Zarrah’s… captivity… and Kerris’s attempt to… save her… The fact that for once the heroine is the brave, fighting one and the hero is the "nerdy" tactical one is such a breath of fresh air. Their encounters were so special, and the spice was just ✨on point✨, just a couple of scenes but very well done. I just regret that, although the narrators were really good most of the time, they were not suited for "sensual" talk in my opinion. Other than that I really have no complaints, except the fact that I'll have to wait who knows how long to know what's going to happen to my lovelies. Thank you Danielle, thank you Audible ❤️✨ This whole book just kept dragggging and dragggginggg on and on. 56% was Zarrah’s captivity in Vencia and Kerris’s pathetic and unsuccessful attempts to get her out.

Together, I really loved the two of them and the high-stakes politics that drove the plot of this novel…and I cannot WAIT for the sequel. What made it even more perfect were some cameos from familiar faces we’ve come to both love and hate. Anyway, I think I love this book more than the first two books in the series. Maybe because of the mind games and palace politics, which is totally my thing if you don't know. Me explico, la historia me estaba gustando, la autora lo estaba haciendo bien. Los protagonistas son carismáticos los dos y hay un claro desarrollo de sus personalidades y el romance a lo largo de la novela. Hasta ahí todo bien. Sin embargo, no pude dejar pasar dos cosas: The Inadequate Heir is without a doubt, the best book in this series and it is now what makes me love it. I wasn't feeling too connected when reading the first two books and now I kind of know why: A badass heroine, a fantastic world, gripping storytelling, with a forbidden romance that will have you unable to put the book down' 5***** READER REVIEWDanielle used to steer clear from spice so this book having smut caught me off guard not gonna lie. I feel like she started writing smut because BookTok is into it nowadays. Her smut writing skills are top tier, she killed it but it felt weird from time to time just because it felt forced. I believe this book wasn’t written with smut planned in mind so those scenes were added afterward which threw me off the story multiple times. The way this story overlapped with the original two books. It was really fun to see everything play out from a completely different angle. Part of me wishes I had reread the other books first, but another part of me is glad I didn’t because those reveals were compelling all over again.

im really looking forward to the next book (which sounds like the plot will focus on a prison heist!), so fingers crossed the wait wont be long!

Audio Book

I also am not a huge fan of the characters. Zarrah was okayish but her constant mention of “yeah I was born on the battlefield/raised on the battlefield/grew up on the battlefield” yeah girl you’re soldier we get it. Now move on. this book takes place during the events at the end of book #1, all of book #2, and a little blip of time afterward. which totally gives this the vibe of being a #2.5 kind of book (filler), rather than a full on #3. BUT! the little extras along the way, details that werent included in the first two books, plus the new POVs, totally sets this up for a really good #4 with new plot progression, so i understand the decision. I think my main issue with the book is the events because they all happen in parallel with The Traitor Queen, so it felt to me I was rereading the events of TTQ through different POVs. It didn't serve the plot of this book well even though I mostly enjoyed Zarrah and Keris's time at the Harem. Because we have seen Zarrah and Kerris in TTQ and knew where each character was at a certain point in time and what they were doing we I enjoyed the parts that overlapped with events from The Traitor Queen, because we get to read them from Zarrah’s and Keris’s perspectives. Even though these particular events weren’t totally new, the added details were interesting to read and gave me a better sense of the characters.

I do want to remake the world so that I can be with you. So that I can get down on my knees and ask you to be my wife. So that I can put a crown on your head and make you my queen. So I can build a shrine and worship you as my goddess. I want all of these things, yet I face a future with none of them, and I don’t know whether I want to fall on my own blade or burn everything to ash because I do not want to let you go.” You told me once that if you truly believe in something, you should be willing to suffer for it. To die for it. Well, I think that if you truly believe in something, you should live for it.”The Endless War between Maridrina and Valcotta has raged for generations, leaving thousands of Zarrah's people dead and countless more orphaned. So when she's given command of the contested city of Nerastis, Zarrah is prepared to do whatever it takes to destroy the Maridrinian forces who oppose her. And to kill the Veliant prince who leads them. Matters of the heart do not bow to logic or reason. Anyone who does not understand that has either never lived or is devoid of a heart themselves."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment