276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Irwin 394002 Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set, 5/16" (8mm), 10mm, 13mm, 11/16", 3/4" (19mm)

£11.665£23.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I opted for a 3/8 extension bar in to a 3/8/ to 1/2 inch convertor, then used a 1/2 inch extendable ratchet to obtain the MINIMUM turning force required to release the bolt. When you are faced with a rounded-off, rusted-tight or painted-over bolt, bolt extractors will break it free. This listing is for the 10504634 base set and the 10504635 expansion set to cover the full range of sizes. So, here's my thoughts about the prep work required prior to putting pressure on to release the bolt.

Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Set Expansion Set | Toolstation

Set include bolt extractors to remove bolts sizes: 8mm, 10mm, 13mm, 19mm, 5/16", 11/16", 3/4" in drive size 3/8" Apply WD40 penetrating fluid to all accessible ends of the bolt , let it sink in, then apply again (repeat every 10 mins for a couple of hours at least). If you can leave it overnight, even better. You are looking for a penetration into the bolt thread, not a soaked drip off the bolt. The time spent doing this is going to be a lot less than if you have to get a mechanic to finish the job.

When you are faced with a rounded-off, rusted-tight or painted-over bolt, bolt extractors will break it free

BOLT-GRIP™ Bolt Extractors - Tools - IRWIN TOOLS

The reason I'm posting isn't to praise this product, because many have already done so, but to share my experience of using the tool, in the hope that it helps others faced with the potentially expensive job of removing a bad bolt. IRWIN 10504634 Bolt Grip Fastener Remover Base Set of 5 Set includes plastic case. 5 Piece Bolt-Grip Expansion Set, includes sizes 8mm(5/16"), 10mm, 13mm, 11/16" 19mm(3/4") IRWIN 10504635 Bolt Grip Fastener Remover Expansion Set of 5 Sizes: 5/16in, 10mm, 13mm, 11/16in and 3/4in. During that time I've bought many "wonder tools" that claim to be able to extracted rusty, shredded nuts/bolts, but this is the first one that I have bought that:

The gripper relies upon a rotary action, so hammering it into position will likely damage the tool and reduce grip, however a tap to ensure it is seated square may help.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment