276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Day The Crayons Quit

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Despite my few reservations, I do highly recommend the book, either for read aloud (one to one or for groups) and for independent readers too, if their reading skills are sufficiently advanced to be able to read slightly atypically written letters in various colors.

The Day The Crayons Quit | Downloads To Support KS1 Reading The Day The Crayons Quit | Downloads To Support KS1 Reading

Focus, create, explain and understand the different language and sentence structures based upon sight words – decoding words phonically, punctuation convention, illustrations and diagrams that support and extends printed texts.This book is ideal for teaching children about feelings. It’s also great for developing inference skills.

Drew Daywalt

The same year the book came out, a television show came out based on the book called the The Crayon Box. Again, the Daywalt book is extremely similar. So since both stories are exactly the same idea with even similar jokes, where the only difference is the message, why is everyone acting like this new Crayon book is so original and awesome? I don't get it. And really, if you had a choice to show your child only one of the books, which one would YOU choose? The more poetic older book with the classic illustrations and lets-all-hold-hands and learn vibe? Or the newer book, with less of a resolution but more giggling? I mean, which one are they truly going to learn from? What are picture books for? White Crayon is sad he is so invisible. This lament is accompanied by a hilarious illustration titled: White Cat in the Snow by Duncan. LOL LOL A cute little books about Duncan's box of crayons. He goes to use them and discovers a pile of letters from various colors. The letters are mildly amusing, but the accompanying pictures are even better, illustrating each crayon's issue in a spot-on child-like style.In the story, Duncan normally uses his colours to colour things the ‘right’ colour. Talk with your children about what using the ‘right’ colour means. Do the children always colour their drawings in the ‘correct’ colour? If not, why do they sometimes choose to use a different colour? To build the skill of empathy, encourage the children to talk about their feelings towards each individual crayon: The students can choose to either handwrite, type – Microsoft program – Word or use both options to be created and displayed. The students will create visual objects that represent their reply to the crayons and the crayons or crayon to Duncan. For example: Create a larger crayon box for all the crayons, have several multi-coloured larger crayons so that the individual coloured crayons are not always used too much. Now, I have been looking around for some picture books that were heavily raved about by various readers and I just happened to stumble upon this unique book called “The Day the Crayons Quit” by Drew Daywalt along with illustrations by Oliver Jeffers. Honestly, this book was truly creative and interesting to read all the way through!

The Day the Crayons Quit - Teaching Ideas

The hilarious, colorful #1New York Timesbestselling phenomenon that every kid wants! Gift a copy to someone you love today.This delightful children’s book tells the story of Duncan, a little boy, who opens his box of crayons to find a pile of letters telling him - they've quit! The students perform their shared activity – five students- while maximum of two questions from different students to be asked to each of the five students completing their shared activity. The teacher asks the students questions that connect to the pre drawn table and enable the teacher to test the students’ knowledge – prior, current and new – after listening to the story. Once again, Daywalt and Jeffers create rich emotional lives and personalities for their colorful cast, and it’s hard to imagine a reader who won’t be delighted.”—Publishers Weekly, starred review

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment