276°
Posted 20 hours ago

IsoAcoustics Gaia Series Isolation Feet for Speakers & Subwoofers (Gaia III, 32 kg max) – Set of 4

£99.475£198.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was looking for a way to further my perpetual quest to squeeze even more performance out of my system in my listening room. Unless spikes still speak to you so loudly that you cannot countenance any other form of support system on religious grounds, the IsoAcoustics Gaia makes a whole lot of sense. If you want to hear what your loudspeakers really sound like, put them on a set of these support feet. It’s like your loudspeakers just got a significant upgrade!

Because in effect you have upgraded your speaker to a whole tier above at less money or when you don't want to/can't replace your speakers. IsoAcoustics Inc. has been manufacturing and distributing isolation products in the audio industry since January 2012. The patented IsoAcoustics technology is based on years of experience in the design and construction of radio and television studios. The driving force is Dave Morrison, closely involved in planning and building radio and television studios at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation for close to 20 years. Dave Morrison was part of the design team faced with the challenges of building the world’s largest multi-media centre in Toronto: over 1.72 million square feet, with recording studios for drama, music, and chamber ensembles, special effects, radio and television shows. Too many Audiophiles are going to read this review and think nah this can't be that effective. We received our first demo from the nice importers, we were demoing a set of ATC SCM 19 a heavy well damped cabinet on a set of sand filled stands. The Gaia follows the same patented principles used in the Aperta, but rather than a speaker stand, it's a footer that screws into the bottom of the speaker's base, replacing the spikes or other footers provided by the speaker's manufacturer. Each of my Monitor Audio Platinum PL300 II speakers has a plinth with integral rubber pads, as well as optional spikes. I'd been using the spikes, but had some reservations about their effectiveness compared to the pads. I had no such reservations about the Gaias' effectiveness. They made an across-the-board improvement in the sound—almost as if Monitor had revised the PL300 II to a new model, the PL300 III. As I'd heard in IsoAcoustics' demo of their Aperta stands, there was a tightening of the bass, which also seemed to go deeper.

NEO High End Stands

Designed for floor standing speakers and subwoofers weighing up to 70 lbs (32 KG), the GAIA III will provide more openness and clarity. Structural borne noise is greatly reduced while internal reflections from the hard-supporting surface are attenuated resulting in greater sound clarity and openness. While there are many kinds of footersout there that make various claims and can be obscenely expensive and even sometimes not even pleasant to look at, the IsoAcoustics Gaia are different: They have elegant and classy looks, relatively low prices—and they work. I think my tinkering, while subdued for now, was well worth the adventure. Highly recommended. The difference were immediately audible, the sound stage was more focused, and the bass was tighter, and the micro dynamics were cleaner with everything have more snap. What was really unexpected was the sound produced from my PMC's once the Gaia's were fitted. Im talking a night and day difference. The PMC's deliver plenty of bass anyway but with the Giai's installed the bass notes are much more dynamic and punchy. In fact the overall sound the PMC's deliver now they are properly isolated from my floor is just superb. Wider , cleaner and clearer soundstage, with better seperation of instruments and vocals. I was expecting an improvement but not to this extent, even got the wife's seal of approval too which i srare. If we wanted to be sure we'd need to take many measurements to see whether the variations are just that, measurement variations, or repeatable changes.

The GAIA’s are threaded into the base of the speaker or subwoofer to replace the existing spikes or feet. Threading the GAIA’s into the base of the speaker creates a strong connection with the speaker. With the top of the GAIA housing connected with the speaker and the bottom of the GAIA connected to the supporting surface, all of the energy is then managed by the GAIA’s internal isolator. Gaia II Every so often, when my stereo system sound quality has been inspiring delight for an unusual lengthy period of time, I decide to tinker just to see what else is possible. Can I get the sound quality even better (even if just a tiny bit) by some small adjustment? Examples include experimenting with different analog or digital interconnect cables, power cables, or isolation footers to be placed under various components. Optimal results are achieved by installing the GAIA isolators with the logo facing the listening position, or rotated 180 degrees, to align the isolators with the speaker’s motive forces. The GAIA III provides a high degree of isolation while resisting lateral movement and oscillations to maintain alignment with the listening position. Lift and place the speakers into position as the GAIA lower isolators will adhere to the supporting surface.Designed for floor standing speakers and subwoofers with a maximum weight of 220lbs (100kg), the GAIA I will provide more openness and clarity while reducing structural borne noise. Grammy Award-winning engineer/producer Eddie Kramer who has worked with Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and The Rolling Stones.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment