276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Posh Pop

£9.19£18.38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Things take a decidedly serious turn with The Bride Will Return. The song tells the story of Dr Israa Seblani, the Lebanese/American bride who, famously, was having her wedding photographs taken when the August 2020 Beirut explosion occurred. Over a persistent guitar/synth theme, the song considers how, despite the mayhem, the world’s lasting impression of that catastrophe is of the bride’s beauty and her determination to complete her wedding. The tune builds ominously to reflect the events of the day and the song ends with the optimistic refrain: “ No matter what they say, it’s your day – can’t take it away. No matter what they do, you are you. Beautiful you.”We’re left in no doubt that the bride will, indeed, return. And then Toyah simply devastates the listener, as Barefoot On Mars is the most beautiful song she’s ever written, describing how she reconciled with her troubled mother. I loved the new arrangements, they all worked really well and in my opinion “Brave New World” even beat the original. It was nice to hear something different for a change rather than note by note reproductions of songs that we pretty much know by heart anyway. Talking about "Monkeys", Toyah explained that it is about "us needing leadership [and] having to vote for leaders who then go off the rails, [about] quite old world leaders who are despots, who are not using democracy and at the same time are causing world poverty". [13]

With this electro acoustic tour promoting her latest album ‘Posh Pop’, it was interesting to hear how every video for the songs on this album had been made at home. I particularly liked her story for ‘Space Dance’ where she talks about the love for her 75 year old husband Robert Fripp, who can play 11 notes a second on the guitar yet when it comes to dancing the twist he failed miserably. Watch the video and you will see exactly what she means. We asked asked her about her new music, and her unlikely internet fame. Hello Toyah! How did ‘Posh Pop’ come about? Every song on the album is accompanied by a video. You’ve even managed to convince Robert Fripp to take part in a synchronised dance routine for the song ‘Space Dance’…

Space Dance" was inspired by Darlow's dream to be an astronaut and was originally called "Space Man". [10] Instead, focus on the other (many) aspects of your business to truly increase sales and grow your business. With PoshPop handling your tedious basic Poshmark tasks, you can spend your time focusing on sourcing new items, listing, or whatever it is that will increase your sales the most on Poshmark. Official Scottish Albums Chart Top 100: 03 September 2021 - 09 September 2021". officialcharts.com . Retrieved 2 November 2021.

Highlight of the set for me was ‘Ieya’ and even though blood wasn’t pouring out of the walls as Toyah suggested happens when played live with a full band, it was still a great arrangement. Having said that I did notice the hairs on my arm stand on end when she started to sing ‘It’s A Mystery’. As with most tunes tonight they were not played identically to their original which made it all the more interesting. Her band for tonight were faultless and are obviously enjoying the tour. For Chloe Du Pre on keyboards it was a return to the venue where she played her first live concert when just 15. Toyah is enjoyably eccentric, even when her music does not appeal, thus I really wanted to like this album, a celebration of her indefatigable spirit, but it failed to win me over. Toyah treated us to a superb career-spanning show last night at Haslemere Hall in deepest rural Surrey, surely one of the poshest places that I’ve ever seen a gig and definitely a very apt venue to host a date on the “Posh Pop” album tour. Even Toyah remarked on how posh the area was, which, given the size and grandeur of Toyah & Robert Fripp’s home was really saying something.She followed her breakthrough with I Want To Be Free and another release Thunder In The Mountains, both of which were top ten hits, before follow-up EP Four More From Toyah. Just had the cream soda and rhubarb at Bay Trees Downham Market and had to know if I could buy it. Delicious and so refreshing. Janette - 20 April 2023 Her first album of new material since 2008’s ‘In The Court Of The Crimson Queen’, ‘Posh Pop’ was made with Simon Darlow, following on from his work as co-writer and a producer of her aforementioned previous album, and features guitar lines from her husband, King Crimson’s Robert Fripp – with whom Willcox has become known for Sunday Lunch video series, sharing renditions of songs by Nirvana, David Bowie, Metallica, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones, Judas Priest, The Prodigy, Guns N’ Roses, Alice Cooper and many more. But to most of us, she is a singer who took the charts by storm when she first erupted on the scene in 1980. After five releases that failed to interest the mainstream chart, despite going top ten in independent charts, Four From Toyah EP –that included the fantastic It’s A Mystery – reached number four in mainstream UK singles’ charts and was the first of four consecutive releases to top UK independent charts. Pear and Elderflower: Carbonated spring water, sugar, pear juice from concentrate(2%), elderflower extract from concentrate (2%), citric acid, natural flavourings, preservative (potassium sorbate).

The 1980s are having a moment. As several of today’s young stars revive the sound of synth-pop, a decade that was once derided is beginning to resemble a golden age. We are proud to be the most affordable Poshmark bot on the market. Our pricing starts at free. Start using our tools today for free to increase the activity in your closet and increase your sales. Compared to other bots, we specialize in making sure you are as similar to a human as possible. Become a Poshmark pro in 2020 using our chrome extension simple and easy to use, PoshPop. There is a sense, at the moment, of having touched the zeitgeist, and this will be the second time in my life that’s happened. So if I’ve managed to do that then, yes, happiness is available.”

My first encounter with Toyah may have been as a 16 year old hearing ‘Sheep Farming In Barnet’ and being most intrigued by her, or it could have been watching her playing ‘Monkey’ in ‘Quadrophenia’ around the same time, but whichever I was hooked. Toyah | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". officialcharts.com . Retrieved 18 October 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment