276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wärmer System M10 x 15mm Copper Tap Tails for Monobloc, Basin and Sink Mixers,Tap Tails Connector for Mixer Taps,Flexible Tap Tails Replacement

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yes they will work fine providing you are careful not to unscrew the tail whilst tightening the compression. not when in a confined space or when the fittings end up situated side by side as when connecting to monobloc tails.

My reason is that it makes replacement very easy and it is a more reliable method of connecting the tails than compression. When tightening compression it is all too easy to loosen the tail and cause a leak. I have very low hot water pressure in my upstairs basin mixer tap. Being in a maisonette there is hardly any head height from the tank (about 0.8 metres). However there is decent enough flow from the bath tap (separate hot & cold taps) which only slightly lower (a further 0.4 metres). This has led me to conclude that whoever fitted the tap probably didn't choose one suitable for a low pressure system. Ceramic insert (1/4 turn) taps have two ceramic discs inside, each with two diametrically opposed slots. The faces of the discs are grounds extremely flat so that they form a water tight seal. The slots each occupy just under 1/4 of the diameter of each disc, a little way in from the outside. When closed, the slots in the upper disc are covered by the unslotted portion of the lower disc, and no water flows. When open the slots of the upper and lower discs are in alignment, so water can flow through. However, the area through which the water can flow is much less than that offered by a traditional tap washer being raised off its flat seating, so flow rate is less.I've used compression couplers several times without any problems whatsoever, and it does make it pretty straightforward when replacement is required.

This is the one place that I save my pushfit connectors for. If it is possible I use a pushfit to connect to the tail. Stig, the copper tails that come with the monobloc taps are usually ribbed to allow easy bending by hand, which allows you to bend them into a position where the couplers are far enough apart, to tighten without a problem. The minimum pressure tap I have been able to find is 0.1 bar. It has M10 connections and the flexi tails included - but they look like they will still be restricting flow somewhat as the aperture of the tails is pretty small especially at the compression nut end. So I have been considering using some copper tap tails instead. I have also been searching for a monobloc mixer tap which has larger M12 connections for the best chance of maximising flow, however, I've not been able to find any... in fact you practically never ever see thread size included in specs!!The ideal arrangement is to have two pushfit elbows to connect the tails to horizontal pipes (and then to isovalves etc). With this arrangement any future replacement can be accomplished in about 15mins. Thanks, I appreciate the input. I didn't know that monoblocs were more restrictive than single taps.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment