276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vurt

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thirdly, lots of unpleasantly described and improbable amounts of snot. Like, no, everyone in a city sneezing would not result in snot literally everywhere, that doesn't even make sense, particularly since most people were either indoors or wearing masks. Dumb *and* disgusting. Scribble - the eyes through which we see this world and the obvious protagonist - let’s talk about him. He’s a junkie. You feel for him initially because he lost his lover in the Vurt and is trying to find her. Then you realize that this lost lover is also his sister and, surprisingly, you just don’t care for him that much any more. Could I ever care about a main character in an incestual relationship? Sure, if you give me a million words spread across five books and your name is George RR Martin.

First published in 1993, Jeff Noon’s extraordinary, influential, award-winning novel transcended SF boundaries and resisted categorization. Alluding to noir and surrealism alike, it was defiantly its own thing and remains so thirty years later.

Recent Comments

Jeff broke the mould 30 years ago with his glorious wordsmithery, voice and imagination and is still breaking it now. I’m thrilled about this anniversary edition and excited for next year’s new novel,” commented Kass.

Different coloured feathers provide different experiences, but Scribble is searching for his lost love and only one feather offers the hope of finding her. It’s the ultimate feather, it may not even exist at all: Curious Yellow. Vivid, restless, street-writing, neon-noir, ranging widely through fantasies and rationalities. An utterly unique, quite brilliant piece of writing.” The Codex edition of the book was illustrated by Daniel Allington and has an introduction by Michael Bracewell, explaining the Cobralingus Engine. First let me say I REALLY wanted to like this book. Hell, there are several reasons why I didn't want to NOT like this book, not the least of which are: Este libro de ciencia ficción, es la segunda parte de Vurt, y aunque pueda leerse de forma independiente, no lo creo muy recomendable. La historia desvela algunos porqués del mundo que podía adivinarse en Vurt, y que estaba muy relacionado con una especie de universo tipo Matrix al que se entra por medio deVurt is a 1993 science fiction novel written by British author Jeff Noon. The debut novel for both Noon and small publishing house Ringpull, [1] it went on to win the 1994 Arthur C. Clarke Award [2] and was later listed in The Best Novels of the Nineties. [3] Plot summary [ edit ] The three short stories that have been added to this twentieth anniversary edition make only tangential reference to characters from the original novel but they are all finely crafted gems that make welcome additions to Noon’s world building. Vurt offers its readers a host of original visions even as it riffs off the classical myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. Like one of Noon’s dream feathers, it is well worth consuming this book for it transports you to a richly imagined world of distorted realities and twisted fantasy. Its highly inventive blend of poetic and grotesque imagery lingers in the mind like the residue of a powerful dream.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment