276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vango Tempest Pro 300 Tent

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The unique 'TBS II' internal bracing system means the tent will stay reassuringly stable in harsh weather, with the completely waterproof polyester inner groundsheet will act like a bathtub even if the ground around you starts turning into a stream.

Vango Tempest 300 Pro Backpacking Tent - Millets

I took this tent on a 6 night hiking trip in Scotland. The weather was as you can expect (rainy!). The tent performed amazingly and it fit two adults comfortably. Breathable polyester inner allows condensation to pass through for a more comfortable night's sleepUsed the Vango Tempest 200 for the first time last week wild camping and it performed superbly. Easy to erect in well under 10 mins and very cosy to sleep in. Ripstop Polyester flysheet – Durable and fully waterproof with a 5000mm Hydrostatic Head. With factory taped seams to give it additional weather protection Everything worked as expected and nothing snapped off or broke. I would definitely recommend it for short wild camping trips as its light and very roomy inside for one man and his dog! About 50% so far have snapped poles with very little use. Vango refuse to warranty poles but they are tat! The biggest problem with the first generation is the porch. It doesn't meet the ground. And the little triangular groundsheet is next to useless. My rating is for the 2011 version.

Vango Tent Pitching Videos | Pitching Instructions Vango Tent Pitching Videos | Pitching Instructions

Top vent unique high level poled vent designed so that air and moisture will be drawn out of the tent by the movement of air outside Flysheet: Protex® RS - Strong, durable fabric, now with a ripstop weave providing 13% more strength. Waterproof to a hydrostatic head of 5000mm OK let's be fair here. Vango changed the design of the Tempest after a couple of years. I'm a DofE Leader and I bought 8 Tempests to go with out 4 Banshees. I wish I'd bought Banshees instead. The Tempest is bigger (and a little heavier) so it's better for three teenagers, and it has a porch. But it doesn't perform as well in the wet and wind as the Banshee. Factory taped seams - All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped, giving a water tight seal No built in groundsheet. You need to buy a separate one. I went for a cheap and cheerful groundsheet but not having a built in bathtub groundsheet was a new experience for me and I was not impressed. Water pooled in from the torrential rain seeping in. Unavoidable because of the bad design. Why have a nylon breathable floor? Make it make sense.Orange Reflective Guylines - Vivid reflective high strength guylines, provides high visibility in low light I bought the tent for use as a standby for my large tent and I used this tent for wild camping in Scotland and the ease at which the tent went up amazed me (as a seasoned camper). Turn heaters off: Further warming the air inside the tent will increase water vapour in the air as warm air can support more moisture (our techy guys talk about dew points and percentage humidity), plus the warmer the tent is the more moisture will be released into the tent through evaporation and perspiration. Instead of heating the tent, warm yourself up with the right clothing and good sleeping bags.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment