276°
Posted 20 hours ago

All the Dangerous Things: The gripping new psychological thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of A Flicker in the Dark

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Isabelle Drake appears to lead a normal life, but behind that facade, she lives with the guilt that she did something really bad as a child.

Isabelle recalls moving to Savannah after college to write for The Grit. Ben was the editor-in-chief. A husband’s disappearance inextricably links two couples in this twisty thriller from New York Times bestselling author Mary Kubica As usual, the police didn’t find out anything important. It is our unreliable narrator who manages to resolve the case almost entirely on her own, a whole year after the incident. So basically, nothing much happened for a year, and then every secret started unravelling within a couple of weeks and the mystery is resolved too neatly, tied together with a ribbon on top.If you’re sensitive to stories about the hardships of motherhood and postpartum life, I wouldn’t recommend reading All the Dangerous Things. In fact, I’m kind of surprised I liked it so much since I currently have a seven-month-old baby! In addition to Isabelle's present perspective, we also get her past perspective. In her childhood she lived with her Mom, Dad and little sister, Margaret. All The Dangerous Things is a powerful exploration of love, loss, and the human psyche. With its intricate plot, complex characters, and suspenseful twists, this novel is definitely an enjoyable read. Takeaways from All the Dangerous Things

Can I also just say how unbelievable it is to me that in both the past and the present the detectives knowingly turn a blind eye to the truth with a "You've been through a lot so I don't want to make things worse" type of attitudes?!?! I'm sorry to say but that doesn't happen in the real world. Oh hey there! Listen to Novels & Nonsense Podcast episode 2: Goodreads & Bad Reads to hear me discuss this book and more. Can't wait to hear what you think💖 I don't even remember the exact moment I decided I wanted to be a writer for The Grit, it was just something I had always known, the same way doctors and firefighters carry their childhood dreams over into adulthood, cupping them so tightly they forget to look up and notice what else could possibly be out there. What else exists. holy. fking. batman. AGAIN. WHY??? WHY SO VERBOSE??? And also this math doesn't quite math. So all adult doctors/firefighters dreamed of doing so as a kid? Me thinks tf not. In this book, Willingham creates a really creepy and unsettling thriller out of the subject of sleepwalking. How is it I never realised how creepy sleepwalking can be until now? Both for the sleepwalker themselves and for those around them.Trust and deception: Throughout the story, the theme of trust and deception is explored, as Isabelle struggles to discern who she can rely on, including herself, while navigating a world filled with secrets and lies. She’s desperate to find clues in the cold case—so desperate she continues to publicly tell her story at true-crime enthusiast conventions and finally says yes to an interview with a podcaster named Waylon.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment